"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I call this "The Hiino patch"
warning unstable haven't tested blah blah blah
double click the tileset to pop it in or out

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The Hiino patch doesn't seem to work :c
I still can't resize the map list, the tileset doesn't pop out, and now I can't even close maps.

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Feb 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM
"Huzzah!"
*Prods editor with stick*
Waits.
*Bugs crawl out*
I think I'll stick with Sue's until Booster's lab is reasonably stable.

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I will be including a built-in tutorial section with the editor. If anybody would like to contribute a small guide on how to do something basic with regards to CS modding, I would really appreciate it because otherwise I'll have to write them all up myself and that takes time.

p.s. it has to be good. Images are a plus, but obv. it's hard to make images using the half-finished editor. I'd like to focus on TSC tutorials for the time being.

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Based Member
I might contribute to that. But I'll need to know what format you want it in. If I were to guess, you're going to have a .chm document that you can open from within the application, but I have no idea how to make/edit those. Would odt format be okay, and you could convert it? If you could give us an outline of sections of your tutorial, and tell us what needs to be filleded in with information, then that would be great. Will you divide it into using certain commands, or into achieving certain tasks in Cave Story modding?

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I have no idea what odt or chm is but I will be styling the tutorials with HTML loaded into a JEditorPane. Basically it's going to look like this:
diph.php

You can provide HTML or just post it on the forums and I will look after the formatting.
Upon reflection, microtutorials might be something that would benefit from being on the forum in a collected way, so I will make a thread for further development of the idea and link from it here shortly
ok here it is http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/3966/

Feb 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM
The Eternal Darkness
You mentioned something about x2? Do you mean, like, King's Story's x2 tilesets, etc? Or am I misunderstanding that part?

Feb 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Please try to put even the tiniest bit of effort into figuring things out yourself before asking a question

Feb 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM
The Eternal Darkness
I'll try my best. Maybe when the next version's ready, I'll download it, and make a mod using it, just to get used to it. CaveEditor is a good program, but from the screenshots I saw of Booster's Lab... CaveEditor is no match. Booster's Lab is awesome. Very awesome.

Feb 29, 2012 at 1:18 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Worked some more on this thing or whatever
p146445-0-script.png

p146445-1-mapdat.png

p146445-2-changeimg.png

It's still all very unfinished-y but I am updating the version in the OP anyway because I love getting told about bugs I already know exist because I clearly haven't gotten that far yet

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Worked some more on this thing or whatever
p146445-0-script.png
p146445-1-mapdat.png
p146445-2-changeimg.png
It's still all very unfinished-y but I am updating the version in the OP anyway because I love getting told about bugs I already know exist because I clearly haven't gotten that far yet
This program would work better than CaveEditor and Sue's Workshop. The red-and-maroon blocks in the last image are transparent blocks, I assume?

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM
The Eternal Darkness
The screenshots are helpful. From what I see, it works better than the current version of CaveEditor! Sprites images can't be viewed in CE, so I have to find the file every time...

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Been here way too long...
And how awful that must be.....

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM
The Eternal Darkness
... which is made up for with the ability to delete them all for no apparent reason, and (after I updated CaveEditor) did not delete all sounds from modified NPCs.

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:50 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
yeah so anyway I've been making some changes
diph.php
I think that there's no way the script editor can be in the same window as the map editor
because you gotta be able to see them both!

so much for single-window design :/

also there's a little notes area for you to write the ideas you get for hot steamy fanfiction while you're modding. The text area expands but there's only so much room to go before things start to get a little weird. It even saves between sessions!

The list thingy on the script editor is the defines system I introduced in the older TSC editor, but with what should be a more intuitive user-friendly system. Words on the left will be replaced with words on the right when the script is saved. Two versions of it get created, one .txt version with all the comments and unreplaced words, and the .tsc version with comments stripped and defines swapped.
The text field turns blue when you press buttons in it to indicate the change hasn't been saved; press enter to commit a change to a text field. There will also be a button to commit many changes if you're a weirdo and don't do it as you go.
Anyway I would appreciate any thoughts and onions

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:04 AM
Been here way too long...
Okay
The red and lighter red checker pattern has the same problem as the pink one though. Could you include an option to change the colour to whatever we want? I'm sure it doesn't matter that much, but what if I was making a mod that takes place inside the human body?
Cave Story Explores the Human Body. Coming this fall. Starring Ms. Frizzle and Balrog.
There's a lot going on in that script editor, I don't understand it, but I'm going to hope it's fairly easy to pick up on. The grey highlighting confuses me. What's that? Download the latest version? Ha don't be silly I'm a busy person.