Booster "Battery Life"

Aug 15, 2009 at 2:36 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Is it at all possible to make the booster have limited use and be recharged?

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:48 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm not sure what you mean, but I'll go on ahead and say yes anyway.

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:50 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
ಠ_ಠ
You have to do some assembly haxxoring.

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:51 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I'm pretty sure he means for it to have an actual supply, like the jetpack in duke nukem or something. And I'm pretty sure that it'd be quite near impossible, unless you were incredibly good with assembly, and even at that it'd take a lot of work.

Aug 15, 2009 at 4:54 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Oh, well thanks anyway.

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:08 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
That's an interesting idea.
It would definitely require some assembly coding but I don't think it would be too extreme.
First remove the recharge code and then add a LOT to the amount of boost available to jet around with.

Getting it to recharge would be the only hard part. I'd assume you want to be able to do that via scripting. That will require a major rework of the code.
The easiest way would be to use the <FL+ and <FL- to adjust real code to say change the amount of fuel added to the booster from 0x00 to say 0x80 but to do that you'd need to move that code segment somewhere where the FL commands can mess with it. I remember seeing a thread about that but I can't seem to find it...

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:12 PM
I still don't get what he means, can somebody enlighten me?

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm pretty sure he means that he wants a booster pack that you can use for a while and after that it doesn't work anymore.
Basically it would have "fuel" which once you ran out of it you'd need to get more to use the booster again.

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:29 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah, it probably actually wouldn't be that hard. Just find a section of code that's like "if you are standing on the ground, then recharge booster" and change it to "if flag xxxx is set, then recharge booster" and then just say <FL+xxxx<WAI0001<FL-xxxx to recharge, and then just increase the fuel by a lot like wistil said. The hard part would be making it possible for the player to see how much fuel they have left.

Aug 15, 2009 at 9:54 PM
so basically make a lot of fuel, slower recharge time, and recharge no matter what?
booster code starts a bit before 0x415C50. knock yourself out.

(speaking of which, know how infinite boostah has the overdrive thingers? if you go to 0x415C64 and change the 1 to a 0 it'll also give you infinite floaty, but with no anim.)