Bomb Making Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have been stumped for a long time on what to do so I finally looked up a guide, only to realize that I think I ran into some kind of glitch.

I was in the grass town (area after the egg facility) and I defeated balrog in the power room and got the power up and running. I woke up the robot and he spoke to me. He never said anything but "I wish I could help you but all I can do is make bombs". As a result, I never was able to activate conversation with the guy trapped in the house to where he can get me the key to the room that says "Gum" on it. I have tried leaving the room and coming back but the robot never says anything different. Maybe because I decided to try hard mode on my first run that I'm missing something important here, but I'm guessing it's a glitch. I don't want to have to start over but I may have to, I just want to be sure there isn't a simple fix here.

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Go and try to open the door of the house that the guy is trapped in, and THEN go and talk to the trapped guy, and then go talk to Malco (the bomb making robot).

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've tried that several times as well. I didn't speak to the robot when I first defeated Balrog, I left and did some other stuff first (mostly just run around figuring out what to do)

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Go talk to the crack in that one building and get the key. Try the door of the shelter and it won't work. Talk to the crack again and, finally, go back to the bomb making robot and he'll tell you what to do.

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The man in the crack says nothing but "please let me out of here" over and over again. I guess i just ran into some broken bug

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have tried that. Well, I tried the key and it didn't work so I went straight to the power room before speaking to the crack guy again. Regardless, I started a new game and have tried this sequence of events again; this time I had no issues and was able to get the bomb made. I guess it's a mystery!

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
download cave story again and a profile www.cavestory.org/saves/02-056.zip if u don't want to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.