Block Wars: Dude's Legacy

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Because there was a single space missing. Everyone with a proper sense for punctuation could have noticed that and fixed it though. o:

Anyway, it's fixed now.

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Yes, SP is willing to do some music for the game, which is an offer I would have never suspected to get. It's an honor for him to help me out, thanks again S. P. Gardebiter! I'm also going to try to make my own music as well, but I'm pretty sure it won't be as good. However, I can always try, right?

Development has finally continued, due to having a stroke of motivation for whatever the reason. I have given thought to changing Dude Mcbriden's weapon, from some solid boring sword to this soul-reaver like magic sword that flows through his arm. Not only that, but at some moments it will eventually turn into the solid sword that you see in most concept artwork and screenshots.

The combat system will be completely custom, allowing the player to hack and slash enemies by just clicking them with the mouse button. When the combat cursor icon collides with an enemy, a hologram-like circle will appear. What that is, is an "insta-kill circle". Clicking it will instantly destroy the enemy, no matter what. Some enemies may have more than one circle to click. The maximum that they would most likely have would be 5. Bosses and very tough enemies don't have these though, except if they are near death. Some bosses require you to click the "insta-kill circle" before their death, otherwise they will still live.

Clicking with the mouse button obviously makes Dude swing the sword. The faster you click, the faster he swings the sword, kind of like Zero from the Megaman X series, Megaman X4 or X5 would be a good example of how it works.

Each stage will require you to destroy each colorful block that's hiding. The color varies on what the block does. Red blocks just sit around and sleep. Blue blocks fly around and attempt to fool you. Yellow blocks are large and easy to find, but are in hard to reach areas. While you don't have to do this, you would most likely get a different ending the game, and probably won't be able to continue onto later levels.

By the way, suspect Xgat.net to be updated sometime very soon, along with the IndieDB page, with new concept art, and news.