Released 3/19

DOWNLOAD LINK!

SCREENSHOTS!:
diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:31 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Looks like one of those ball blaster games.

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:16 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Link updated. Lots of bugs fixed, and a couple of levels added. It's getting pretty sweet.

Not like anyone cares.

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:40 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
de file is corrupt

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Banned
Lace said:
de file is corrupt

Works fine for me. Nate says your computer sucks balls and can't run shit, but I don't see how that has anything to do with being able to extract from the .RAR. Try again, Lace.

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Sheesh, not very good publicity

Well, someone's rather cranky...
Uh, I got 'unable to extract, file corrupt', too.
That's a pretty big coincidence, eh Lace?

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Banned
Re: Sheesh, not very good publicity

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Well, someone's rather cranky...
Uh, I got 'unable to extract, file corrupt', too.
That's a pretty big coincidence, eh Lace?

Well, I'm not really speaking so much for myself.

Anyway, I was using a .RAR Ralren gave me. I put it up. I'll try putting up my copy and we'll see if that works.

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:57 PM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Re: Sheesh, not very good publicity

Fire1052 updated the link. Cya Mirai.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Err, cya Ralren?

Yeap, got this one just fine.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:00 PM
sup ral?
why you wanna go all quitzies?
D:

worked like a charm, Ima gunna go play now.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:01 PM
Banned
Lace said:
sup ral?
D:

Long time ago, bro.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Lol. I love the voicing.

Kinda strange how the ball sometimes moves completely horizontally.

The faces on the blocks sorta remind me of Pixel's games :)

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Banned
carrotlord said:
Lol. I love the voicing.

Kinda strange how the ball sometimes moves completely horizontally.

The faces on the blocks sorta remind me of Pixel's games :)

Well, that fixes itself. You can get it to move completely vertically, too, but that fixes itself as well.

The only one that doesn't fix itself is when you hit the right angle at the right time and force yourself into an infinite loop. These can last infinitely in some cases, but those can be fixed by either allowing yourself to lose a ball or just letting it hit the guard rail, provided you haven't lost it yet.

ON ONE OCCASION, HOWEVER, I managed to get a moving block to move right through one of the walls and I couldn't beat the level. It's only happened once, though, and it was extremely hilarious.

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:09 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Lace said:
sup ral?
D:

worked like a charm, Ima gunna go play now.

There really is no use posting here anymore.
This is the only thread that I'm ever going to look at, and post on.

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:49 AM
Banned
Updated AGAIN. I guess that's fine, right?

Whatever, it's getting more awesome, so I'm starting to cut down on the snippy remarks. There is some fancy new stuff now. Not a whole lot of that appears in Zone 1, which is as far as this demo goes, but there's some. We've decided to expand beyond the five-level game and make something larger, but we're probably not going to update until we have large sums of it done. There is, however, a complete copy of Zone 1 in working order on that download (provided this one works). The guy on the left, Dude (yeah, that's his name), will be replaced by others as the game progresses through the zones. So far Nate's started work on Zone 2 and the new character, and part of that is actually included in the demo, but due to a convenient coincidence, the demo sends you back to the last level of Zone 1 as soon as you beat Zone 1. No joke, that makes for a pretty good cut-off on this demo.

ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS, AND I REALLY MEAN THAT. I ENJOY IT AND I THINK YOU WILL, TOO.

Edit: I forgot to say that a lot of the bugs, etc. have been fixed and if you guys ever actually tried the demos, then that's all been cleared up.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:17 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Interesting

I still don't get how the physics in this game works. Normally, hitting one of the left or right walls will just reverse the horizontal direction, and the top wall will reverse vertical direction. But hitting somewhere near a corner (doesn't have to be the corner itself) causes both directions to flip.

Also, is it the semi-randomness of the ball that causes perfectly horizontal and vertical motion? Because there seem to be only two angles the ball can travel at: straight and not straight. The "not straight" angle always seems to stay the same, never fluctuating.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:20 AM
there wasn't a very noticeable difference between this demo and the last, but I noticed that the dudes face changes depending on what you do, which is awesometastical. The only thing I actually found bad was the infinite loops and the "press enter" button has a red background, which distracts.

sweet game, keep up the good work.

and your website is pretty awesome too.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:35 AM
Banned
carrotlord said:
Interesting

I still don't get how the physics in this game works. Normally, hitting one of the left or right walls will just reverse the horizontal direction, and the top wall will reverse vertical direction. But hitting somewhere near a corner (doesn't have to be the corner itself) causes both directions to flip.

Also, is it the semi-randomness of the ball that causes perfectly horizontal and vertical motion? Because there seem to be only two angles the ball can travel at: straight and not straight. The "not straight" angle always seems to stay the same, never fluctuating.

Well, it's not really anything we can fix, and also part of the fun. You said that it only seems to be moving in a few set directions, though, which is incorrect. If this is what you think, then you must be experiencing something other than we.

Lace said:
there wasn't a very noticeable difference between this demo and the last, but I noticed that the dudes face changes depending on what you do, which is awesometastical. The only thing I actually found bad was the infinite loops and the "press enter" button has a red background, which distracts.

sweet game, keep up the good work.

Okay, you DEFINITELY are seeing something we aren't. We don't really know what this red background thing is, so you're going to have to give us a screenshot so we can figure this out. This might be something we can fix, because that "background" is actually black in the original image, as well as transparent in the game.

There were two levels added from the last demo. And Dude did that before. :/

But I'd like to know why you guys seem to be experiencing these things, but we aren't. He's running on Windows 7 and I'm running Vista, so it might be something that's working for us and not you. It could also be a problem with the compression. This is definitely something that needs clearing up.

Lace said:
and your website is pretty awesome too.

FFFFFFFFFFYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:48 AM
Feb 19, 2010 at 1:50 AM
Banned
Lace said:

OHHHHH. I just barely see it. FFFFUUUUUU-

Edit: Okay, it's fixed for the next version of the demo. Whenever that may be. Prolly a good while.