Blades and White Walls

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:41 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Yeah, I know. Pretty cheesy title. It's the best I could come up with under such short notice. Anyhow...

So I finally did It. I finished my arrangement of my favorite song in the Cave Story OST: White. I might as well share it with the rest of you guys since it is Cave Story and all. I may do Toroko's Theme sometime in the future in the same format if I get enough positive feedback from you guys. Anyway, here's the Tindeck link.

I used the Timbres of Heaven soundfont for the Melodic instruments and Percussion, whereas the Drumset was done with the MT-PowerKit. I used Synthfont to arrange and mix the song and Audacity to convert it to MP3. All of these samples and programs are free, by the way. I'm pretty poor in terms of expendable cash. It took about 3-4 hours over 2 days to finish this. I didn't do anything too creative with it, like DM Dokuro and GIRAkaCheezer did, but that wasn't really my intention going into the rearrangment. I simply wanted to recreate the song using real instruments, like the initial arrangement I did in 2014. For posterity's sake I'll post that one as well.

Here it is.

Okay, I'll shut up now. I hope you all enjoy! Critique is much appreciated!

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The samples are a bit cheap-MIDI-esque but the saxophone + violin works surprisingly well.

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:58 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The samples are a bit cheap-MIDI-esque but the saxophone + violin works surprisingly well.

Are you talking about the second arrangement I did back in 10th grade? Well, the second arrangement listed was done cheaply, (In fact, so is the first one.) so that was kind of the point. I used the ArachnoSoft soundfont and a bit of the Mother 3 soundfont for that one, by the way.

Last edited: