Blade or Nemesis?

• Blade

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Oct 11, 2015 at 10:35 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Which weapon do you prefer? Also, keep in mind that this doesn't just mean pure numbers, but also the story behind each one. (Should you really give up the blade, with such meaning, to someone else?)

This entire page is basically one giant spoiler.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:44 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There really isn't any need to say that this is a spoiler, considering pretty much everybody here has fully beat Cave Story numerous times before.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:50 PM
"Forever coffee..."
There really isn't any need to say that this is a spoiler, considering pretty much everybody here has fully beat Cave Story numerous times before.

I know, but spoilers just flat out suck. Everyone hates them, and with a game like Cave Story, It'd be a shame if someone got spoiled.

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:03 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The blade level 2 has the best DPS in the game, and is great for hell speedruns, so my vote goes to that. (Also you get both weapons with Curly's nemesis.)

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:38 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Nemesis, definitely. Blade 2 is good for getting up close and personal with bosses, but otherwise I don't find much use for it. The Nemesis I find is much better for getting through areas in general, and really it's far from bad against bosses. The main issue is obviously trying to avoid experience, but with the range it has that shouldn't be an issue.

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:45 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I don't like avoiding exp with the Nemesis so I stick with the Blade

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:55 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
My name pretty much explains why I chose Blade

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:09 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Well, to be honest, in this thread I was hoping more for a discussion about if you should swap the blade for the nemesis. I mean, King friggin' went and DIED and gave you a sword with his soul in it, so is it okay to just give to someone else?
I don't mean to discourage practical use, but I was hoping for more of the above.
I say the blade, because King's soul rests in it and he gave it to you as his dying action.
Avoiding crystals for me kills the nemesis, and the blade is powerful in all its stages.

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
My name pretty much explains why I chose Blade
"Pummelator" kinda implies that you are attacking with your fists. Look up the meaning of the word "pummel".

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:49 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
"Pummelator" kinda implies that you are attacking with your fists. Look up the meaning of the word "pummel".
I know, but the Blade is the closest thing to that in CS.

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:57 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I prefer the Nemesis, only because I mostly do the different challenges like the Boss Rush and Hell Run.

Though I like the Blade's backstory more; When I'm speed-running the ENTIRE game, then I prefer the Blade, also the Blade at Lv 2 is the best weapon for spamming, but getting Exp during some boss fights is difficult.