Bastion

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:04 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So I kept seeing all these reviews of this new game that came out called Bastion, but I paid it no mind. But when Zero Punctuation took a loom at it an actually liked it, I figured it was time to check it out.

And now, I present to you Bastion, an indie game produced by SuperGiant games, with help from Warner Brothers games. It's out for PC on Steam and the XBLA, if a thumbstick is more appealing to you than WASD layout, both for the equivalent of $15 USD.
It's a great game, I can't recommend it enough to anyone, and I've only had it since the 17th (when it came out on PC). It plays like a God of War game, but it takes the RPG aspect and takes it another level. I could give a thousand reasons why it's great, but instead here's some screenies and a taste of the stunning (sexylicious?) narration:

diph.php
p135265-1-bastion310.jpg

The best part of this game has got to be the narration, the narrator has something to say about every action you take.

Anyway, go buy it. It's worth every penny, and I haven't even finished it yet.

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:07 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I like the graphics, but there's nothing more I can say.

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
*trickybilly eyes dl button

Aug 21, 2011 at 2:57 PM
LSD
"..."
Well, looks pretty cool.
I should probably finish the four games I've started, find that one I lost, and beat them before I get a new one though.

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:51 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I tried the demo, I like it aside from the fact that blocking locked on to targets.
So then I'd try to block an attack and I'd turn around and hold my shield up to something behind me.
And unfortunately that's a dealbreaker for me.

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:49 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I tried the demo, The graphic style is nice, and the narrator is a pretty cool idea. But locking on to enemys can be troublesome at times. All in all: Very good Action RPG.