Banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
It would be nice if, when you get banned, there were something that told you specifically why you got banned, rather than just a vague reason like "spamming" (i.e. show exactly which post is was that was considered spam). Because when I logged on two days ago, it's all like "you're banned for spamming" and I'm all like "WTF are they talking about!? I didn't spam!" and I then logged out and spent the next 10 minutes combing through the forums in search of any clue as to what exactly I had done that andwhy, in all his infinite wisdom, had deemed spamming.

I did eventually find the post in question, and I'm still totally baffled as to what makes it spam. For those of you who are curious...

wedge of cheese said:
Parmesan? Looks more like cheddar to me...
Cheddar is awesome btw.
Quoted for truth

First of all, yes the post was off topic, but the rules clearly state:

The Rules said:
7. Offtopic can be tolerated as long as it follows the flow of conversation, if it doesn't get out of control and goes back ontopic at the request of the thread starter, moderator, or admin.

And if you look at the thread in question, the off topic discussion clearly did follow the flow of conversation, it wasn't just a bunch of random unrelated posts. Plus, I was not the only one participating in the off topic discussion, and yet somehow I was the only one who got banned. If anyone can explain to me how that makes any logical sense whatsoever, I'd love to hear it.

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
S. P. Gardebiter said:
1. No spam posts allowed. (Including one-liners) Spam shall be classed as any post that does not follow or does not contribute to the "current" topic of discussion (within offtopic discussion) or the the thread's topic of discussion (within ontopic discussion).

One-liners are not allowed.
I can understand, that banning without a proper warning isn't nice, but if you want to complain then contact the specific adminstrator.

~ Locked ~

Status
Not open for further replies.