Balrog=part frog

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:23 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
So mainly everyone debates that Balrog is either a giant toaster thing or a giant soap bar thing. But i believe he may even be part frog somehow. So sure, Misery had to use her powers to turn him into Balfrog, but I noticed something during the fight. He able to get frogs to help him fight Quote. Now, if you think about it, the frogs enemies are basically brainless NPC's. So maybe Balfrog/Balrog summoned them and commamded them to help him fight Quote. Just a random theory that popped in my head. Kinda interesting if you really think about it.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kiyoshi said:
He able to get frogs to help him fight Quote. Now, if you think about it, the frogs enemies are basically brainless NPC's. So maybe Balfrog/Balrog summoned them and commamded them to help him fight Quote.
This sounds more like Misery made a convenient match for the surrounding terrain. Or, Pixel could have chosen a frog because they're (probably) second only to cats on his feature hierarchy list.

Frog month go! KASHUNGO!

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Based Member
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, and the consensus we reached was either that the ability to summon frogs is a magical power exclusive to Balrog's frog form induced by Misery, or ceiling frogs were watching Quote take the Gum Base. I doubt Balrog has any connection to frogs or magical powers in his regular form.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:50 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
How do princesses get their prince? derp.jpg

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:01 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Ceiling frogs? Really?

Aug 26, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hear me out on this.

Maybe Balrog is actually... A magical frog trapped in an evil suitcase! No, listen. It would then make perfect sense for the transformation from Balrog to Balfrog seem so natural for Balrog, because that could be an enlarged version of the frog inside! Balrog could have gotten eaten by suitcase man, and is now controlling the suitcase from inside, forced to help Misery with her evil schemes to rule the world of the colors.

#EndTheoryRant

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Or simply not a frog, because that's like saying that Sue and Itoh must be part Mimiga.

Kiyoshi said:
He able to get frogs to help him fight Quote.
There was another frog enemy in Grasstown that was cut from the game so I suspect that Frogs are just a Grasstown thing.