Ballos' Final Words

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Knowing that Jenka was the one who confined Ballos to the island, I don't believe she would have felt compelled to bring any extra souls along with him... although this does make me wonder where all of those skeletons actually came from :koron: There are an awful lot there for them to be only ill-fated local residents and/or explorers.

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
DoubleThink said:
Knowing that Jenka was the one who confined Ballos to the island, I don't believe she would have felt compelled to bring any extra souls along with him... although this does make me wonder where all of those skeletons actually came from :koron: There are an awful lot there for them to be only ill-fated local residents and/or explorers.
Well, Ballos could haveve teleported people in to keep him company from long distance, but then not being immortal made them suffer the fate of being dead eventually.

Or maybe it's the skeletons of all the infinitely spawning butes that come into his chamber. I know they're not infinitely spawning, but there's probably a lot more. And after god knows how long, a lot of butes could've walked / flown in.

Aug 31, 2014 at 4:32 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
Or maybe it's the skeletons of all the infinitely spawning butes that come into his chamber. I know they're not infinitely spawning, but there's probably a lot more. And after god knows how long, a lot of butes could've walked / flown in.
Hmm... I can't really believe that those skeletons on the floors of Ballos' chamber are Butes. Each Skull on the ground is around the same size of a whole bute

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Professional Whatever
Perhaps Ballos damned the kingdom and took them with him as he was sealed by Jenka. Simply conjecture, but it would be interesting if he'd been surrounded by the remains of his past, whether it would be torture or pride.

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:53 PM
"..."
Doors said:
Perhaps Ballos damned the kingdom and took them with him as he was sealed by Jenka. Simply conjecture, but it would be interesting if he'd been surrounded by the remains of his past, whether it would be torture or pride.
Or both. Who knows how his brain's functioning after becoming insane, causing a mass genocide, losing everything he loved and then being sealed away for hundreds of years.

Maybe one part of his brain is still a bit wrong, which makes him quite like being surrounded by corpses but the other tearing itself apart, and that's why he wants to have his life ended. He'll never escape and he'll never die by his own hand, and all he has is the painful memories of what he had once.

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Professional Whatever
His speech prior to the fight may be apathy as well. If he is still mad - which he probably is - it could be less of his remorse but a boredom or something similar that is speaking for him.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I don't think it's Ballos. From my guess it's the skeletons burning in the walls.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:51 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I have a theory on what it might be. I always thought that the red flowers were a curse that ballos placed on the island as jenka raised it from the ground, so I also thought that it was the spirits of the mimiga that had consumed the red flowers. Remember that their blood boiled, causing them to be enraged by the pain. Those who endured the pain, like Igor, had started to regain sense, but those who didn't eventually died, causing their spirits to forever endure said pain.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
ThatPortalGuy said:
Let's look at this from another angle. So, we all know what the red flowers are: red flowers. But what else are they called? Demon flowers. So, if the Red Crystal draws power from the Demon Flowers, and the Doctor uses the Red Crystal, then that connects the Doctor to Ballos, because the destruction of Ballos means the destruction of the Demon Crown, and the flowers. (we can also assume that the Deleets and Presses are destroyed, but that's not really relevant) And why does the Doctor survive in spirit even if his body is destroyed? It's never stated outright. Is it possible that, between the Demon Crown and the Red Crystal, his connection with Ballos is so strong that they share the same life force? When Ballos is destroyed, so is the Doctor. I think it's the Doctor's words.
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
This is a slight bump, but I just thought I'd contribute.
What if the words are the doctor?
The demon crown is run off of Ballos's power, from what I can understand. And the Doctor stays alive using a weird mix of the red crystal, which I can only guess is controlled by the demon crown, and the demon crown. Even though he's killed, is it possible the demon crown kept him alive since Ballos was alive? And then, as Ballos was eventually killed, the Doctor's soul was destroyed?
I don't know, it sounds stupid but it's an idea.
I already said that...

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:07 PM
...what?

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:01 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Well, shit.
I dont know what knowledge to contribute to this bloody thread that I haven't already contributed.

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I dunno. I'm just kinda pissed that Reddeh took my theory and got all the credit, when no one paid attention when I posted it.

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM
"..."
ThatPortalGuy said:
I dunno. I'm just kinda pissed that Reddeh took my theory and got all the credit, when no one paid attention when I posted it.
Except I never read your theory.

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Regardless, you still got all the applause.

Nov 16, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Oh, Portal, it really doesn't matter. Exactly two people said "that theory is interesting", if you said it earlier just be content with that fact. I know from experience that you're gonna have a bad time if you do things just for glory, okay? Just put it out of your mind and move on. That's how the Internet works, I'm afraid, and bad things are going to happen if you demand cake and cheering.

Nov 16, 2014 at 11:39 PM
(sigh) Yeah...

Nov 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I see that my theory doesn't even get anything. I guess that conspiracy is not my calling.

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is going to blow your minds, but...
After a while I decided that it WASN'T
Ballos speaking those words...
He ASKED you to kill him, so it could
be someone else. I then decided that it was
actually the Doctor's ethereal Red-Crystal
form screaming in pain as it was erased
from existence.
Does that mean, that the red crystal still exists if you do a run without going to the sacred ground?