Balcony = Castle Ruins

Does my theory sound reasonable?

• Total voters
Aug 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
I belive that the Balcony is the Castle that Ballos "Onced Loved" and where the King used to live in. Here are my points.

• The 3 last bosses are located in these three areas - Throne room, King's Table and Black Space. The throne room must have been in the same room as the entrance hence Quote entering to fight Misery. The King's Table might have been entered by going up stairs and could have been the old King's room. And the Black Space - Who knows what that could have been? I would think it would either be 1. Storage or 2. Dungeon/Prison.
  • The Sanctuary area could have POSSIBLY been another Dungeon. Who knows because anyone could have made the entire area.
  • That one statue you see if you choose the normal ending could be 1. A welcome 2. A tomb or 3. This is a wildcard, but it could have been a dedicated statue to the Queen if there was one.
  • Think about it - usually in stories castles are in high places so the "Castle" seems to be a good model of that stereotype since it is on top of the island.
  • Simply enough the balcony was a viewing place.
But there is one weird thing. Who would have put the sign "THAT'S ALL FOLKS!" and the EXP drops when you decide to fly up before entering The Throne Room?

That concludes my theory.

(Well, I sounded a bit too serious. Well, I always am when I am making theories and such.)

So wait - could the previous crown-bearers be the kings??? And also, If the "Castle" was still up, woulden't (I FORGOT HIS NAME) the doctor be the current king if Quote did not kill him?
Now I think about it, It seems to add up. It could be that everyone who bears the Demon Crown is the next king for the "Castle".

Also, whenever the Doctor found the Demon Crown...

Who put it there?

I think I know who.

It certainly had to be the prevous bearer! He might have put it there before dying hoping that the next one would succeed.

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:10 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Fatih120 said:
But there is one weird thing. Who would have put the sign "THAT'S ALL FOLKS!" and the EXP drops when you decide to fly up before entering The Throne Room?
It was the adventurous sign painter, obviously! But other than that, I think this could be possible! In fact, I think the fact that the doctor is there, and that the prefab building is above hell, add to this theory.

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:43 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You pretty much summed up the thoughts I had about the throne room being a part of the castle from the old kingdom. I also agree with your theory that the seal chamber was part of a dungeon. What's unclear though, is why remains of the kingdom would be on the island. Was the kingdom somewhere on the surface, and when Jenka "confined" Ballos to the island, she teleported him along with it from there to the island? Or did the whole kingdom exist on the floating island the whole time? We're at least pretty sure that the island didn't exist on land before the events of Ballos' torture and the kingdom's fall.

As for how the demon crown winds up at the throne, I always assumed that the crown was destroyed after each bearer was defeated, and that it "respawned" on the throne every time it got regenerated by Ballos, as well as summoned Balrog and Misery to be contained in magical bubbles near the throne that will release them when the crown finds a new owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 13, 2013 at 4:45 AM
"..."
HaydenStudios said:
You pretty much summed up the thoughts I had about the throne room being a part of the castle from the old kingdom. I also agree with your theory that the seal chamber was part of a dungeon. What's unclear though, is why remains of the kingdom would be on the island. Was the kingdom somewhere on the surface, and when Jenka "confined" Ballos to the island, she teleported him along with it from there to the island? Or did the whole kingdom exist on the floating island the whole time? We're at least pretty sure that the island didn't exist on land before the events of Ballos' torture and the kingdom's fall.

As for how the demon crown winds up at the throne, I always assumed that the crown was destroyed after each bearer was defeated, and that it "respawned" on the throne every time it got regenerated by Ballos, as well as summoned Balrog and Misery to be contained in magical bubbles near the throne that will release them when the crown finds a new owner.

- O F F T O P I C -

Well if it isn't HaydenStudios! Just wanted to quickly say that your 4 endings mod is awesome. Kudos to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 13, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I've summed this up before but there are 4 possibilities:

1. The island existed and floated prior to Ballos' rampage, but the kingdom was elsewhere.
2. The island existed and floated prior to Ballos' rampage and the kingdom was on this island.
3. The island was a section of ground on the surface raised by Jenka and the kingdom was built upon it.
4. The island was a section of ground on the surface raised by Jenka, but the kingdom was elsewhere.

The fact is that the dialogue is vague enough on this count for all of these possibilities to be valid.

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I just always assumed this. Nice to see a thread.

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:31 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
andwhyisit said:
I've summed this up before but there are 4 possibilities:

1. The island existed and floated prior to Ballos' rampage, but the kingdom was elsewhere.
2. The island existed and floated prior to Ballos' rampage and the kingdom was on this island.
3. The island was a section of ground on the surface raised by Jenka and the kingdom was built upon it.
4. The island was a section of ground on the surface raised by Jenka, but the kingdom was elsewhere.

The fact is that the dialogue is vague enough on this count for all of these possibilities to be valid.

Although 1 and 4 are likely. (I don't buy into 2)

I say that 3 is most likely. Why is the castle on the balcony in ruins?
because Jenka raised the ground and some structures broke, and such.
Also, who would build a castle on the island and abandon it completely with no telling of the tale?

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM
"..."
You remember that statue you first see when reaching the balcony? Well I wonder why Pixel did not add a script to tell the player about that area or something. It seems like a plain statue... but it seems like there was text on the bottom. Who knows what it might have said? "Welcome to the _____ Kingdom"? "All hail King ____"? We will never know.

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
About the Crown, I believe that it was just an ordinary Crown, until Ballos enchanted it.

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Ballos created the Demon Crown, he didn't create 'the crown'.
When you create something, do you just conjure them out of thin air without any base materials?

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Based Member
Moon said:
When you create something, do you just conjure them out of thin air without any base materials?
When it comes to magic, that's usually the case. Magical items are often times conjured out of thin air when they're created, because magic was used to create them. That's how magic works. Not that magical items don't sometimes have a base when they're created, but there's nothing you can do to prove that Ballos embellished on an existing crown to make the Demon Crown.

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm pretty sure the Castle Land was completely separate from The Island as I always gathered that Jenka moved Ballos there and had been floating when she brought him to it with the Flea-guys being some of the original residents.