Background Bugs

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:44 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So Recently I've been playing a bit of the Original Cave Story when I came across a Bug with the Backgrounds, Like Squares missing from the Background.. I really can't describe it easily so here are some Snapshots of the bug, If you look closely you will notice some areas are missing tiles and replaced with black squares.
Please tell how this is caused if you can.

Attachments

• 15.png
    15.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 16.png
    16.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 0
Feb 22, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This doesn't look like a background bug so much as npc 0's sprite has been modified. Go to your npcSym.pbm (it's a bitmap)
and make sure the first 16x16 pixels in the top left corner are all perfectly black (RGB values of 0,0,0). Or try reinstalling cave story?

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:49 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
(Quick Edit: I also noticed it kind of exposes were the scripting or whatever goes on.. I'm not a Mod Designer what did you expect? Anyways its still a weird glitch.. it really doesn't affect the game much but it's weird)
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
This doesn't look like a background bug so much as npc 0's sprite has been modified. Go to your npcSym.pbm (it's a bitmap)
and make sure the first 16x16 pixels in the top left corner are all perfectly black (RGB values of 0,0,0). Or try reinstalling cave story?
Yeah I was thinking of Re-Installing it, anyways Thanks Gir

Feb 23, 2014 at 6:58 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
You know you could have pressed Alt + PrintScreen to take a screenshot, right?