Awesomenauts

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
It had to happen soon.

Awesomenauts is developed and published by the Danish company Ronimo Games, aka Ronma.
It's a 2D platforming Moba, with high focus on being easy to get into.

There are currently 15 Awesomenauts characters, with 4 DLC exclusive characters, all of who come with "Starstorm". There's a new naut on the way, The Scoop of Justice who'll be accessible to all who buy the core game. There's also an unknown 5th Starstorm character who is yet to be revealed.

There are 4 maps, with one custom game exclusive map. This map is merely a modified version of one of the other maps which came out before, but was swapped out. A 5th map is confirmed to be upcoming to Starstorm.

In the entire game there are 30 Awesomenauts themes, which are character select and killing spree themes respectively. There are 8 Starstorm naut themes, 2 special songs that can only be found ingame by buying a specific item in the tutorial and 21 other songs, which include level music, title screen music, shop music, credit music and more.

The game revolves around two teams, referred to as both the Reds and Blues and Ones and Zeros. Both teams send out war robots to the other side, but as they're both equally powered both sides have hired 3 mercenaries each. These are all part of an intergalactic mercenary force known as the Awesomenauts. They have a wide variety of heroes, ranging from an insane little girl, a member of a space infesting alien species (Think Tyranids, but cuter), a morbidly obese space viking, an insane sadistic Russian monkey scientist to a revived war hero from the first AI wars, brought back to life by an insane German scientist who happens to also be a brain in a jar with a body and suicide drones.

The goal of the game is simple, destroy the opposing team's solar drill. This is done by destroying droids, hiding in bushes to surprise foes and sometimes just head to head combat. Each of the 19 characters to pick from currently has a wide variety of abilities, upgrades and attacks. Every single one plays differently, and the key to success is a unity between team members.

You and your team must get through turrets in order to access the enemy base, while stopping the opposing team from destroying your defenses. Once you get through them all, you must fight of larger waves of enemy droids and the enemy team in their own home, in order to destroy the solar drill and stop all war production.

No two characters are identical, and they all have different personalities. Some are voiced by internet celebrities such as TotalBiscuit, Honeydew and Jesse Cox. You can buy skins, which altar the appearance of a specific character should you choose to equip the skin prematch and sometimes even their voices and sound effects, announcers (Currently there's only one purchasable and one default, but there are two exclusive announcers available to those who pledge $50 or more) and the aforementioned DLC Starstorm.

It's pretty nifty.

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/204300/

Also it's heavily influenced by 80's cartoons.

Oct 7, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I don't know how match-ups work in this game, but when I tried it out about a year ago I was /always/ on the losing team. I won't dismiss that maybe I'm really bad at the game, but no matter what I or my team tried to do, the opposite team always seemed to have the advantage.

I played about 10 random matches until I dismissed it as not worth my time (due to never winning a single match).

Oct 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Practice against cpus

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM
"..."
ZarroTsu said:
I don't know how match-ups work in this game, but when I tried it out about a year ago I was /always/ on the losing team. I won't dismiss that maybe I'm really bad at the game, but no matter what I or my team tried to do, the opposite team always seemed to have the advantage.

I played about 10 random matches until I dismissed it as not worth my time (due to never winning a single match).
I suppose you're either bad at the game, or you played near a league reset, when all the l1 prestige 10 guys are sent to the bottom.

Either way, play with practise mode and unlock new characters, find one you like and train with them.

Maybe play online around now, since the leagues are pretty much evened out.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Fuck everyone else ayla is the best character

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I got this game from a Humble bundle some time back, haven't yet unlocked it to my steam account yet...

I'm cautious when it comes to MOBA's when there is the chance of me getting roped in.

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM
"..."
Doors said:
Fuck everyone else ayla is the best character
A bunch of L5 players have discovered that Ayla's rage goes through the floor.

So now we have a bunch of people being killed and not being able to protect themselves from rage coming out of the floor on their own side.

It's quite annoying.