Atlus parent company accused of fraud and swimming in debt

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/27/atlus-parent-company-index-investigated-for-fraud-files-for-bankruptcy.aspx

So, what are your thoughts about this as well as the future of atlus?

Honestly, if index folds Atlus will definitely be auctioned off. The question is, what companies would be bidding? Nintendo may or may not be interested in Them as a developer and they have the Fire Emblem and SMT crossover coming up. NIS (The people behind Disgaea) Could also be a potential bidder because of their past relationship with Atlus. And as unlikely as it may be I can't help but fear that Microsoft will buy them just to get one up over both Sony and Nintendo by hogging SMT and Persona.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Atlus was the company that published Dokapon Kingdom, so I certainly owe them for the great times. As for who buys them, I think it would be in Nintendo's best interest. As it stands, they are lacking an incentive to make us buy a Wii U, and this could potentially get a number of people interested. That's just me though, I'm no business guy so I have no idea how much it would benefit Nintendo. As long as Atlus can still go about with what they're doing without too much change, I'm happy no matter which company acquires them.