Ask Bombchu Link ANYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Yep, it's here.

Ask me anything, whether it be about life, my mods or anything really.

Thy rules~

1 No NSFW you CAN technically post it in the thread via linking like it says in the rules, but I won't respond to anything of the sort so, yeah.

2 Ask all kind of questions,

3 Post cool stuff, and you might get a cool response.

4 Respond to the responses! I love conversations instead of just answers!

5 Have fun.

---=Let it begin=---

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Out of curiosity, was this inspired by the well which took place about a year-and-a-half ago? Or is this not caused by that?

Who are your favorite video game characters? What is the first video game you remember playing? Which games have held the throne as your favorite game throughout different periods of your childhood?

What caused you to join these forums? What was your inspiration to start modding? What made you decide on making a mod about Sue's perspective?

Name your top ten favorite Cave Story mods. Feel free to let your list go beyond ten if you want.

What programming languages do you know, if any? Scripting languages don't count.

What is your general opinion about this community? What do you think are its positive and negative attributes?

How many siblings do you have, and what ages and genders are they?

Do you have any game design experience prior to Cave Story modding and joining these forums? If so, what kinds of projects did you undertake, with what tools, and during what periods of time did their development take place?

Do you have any ongoing projects that you haven't posted about on these forums but some people here would at least find mildly interesting? If so, what?

What do you plan to do for your career? Do you currently have any goals in life, whether general or specific?

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Professional Whatever
Why do you think you're so important that you need to have an "ask me anything" thread when people can just ask you stuff through visitor messages or PMs

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Can I please voice itoh in cave story abridged, I WANTED TO VOICE HIM SO BAD

Do you have a love life?

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:30 PM
War criminal
How did you come up with the name "Bombchu Link"?

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
you get to keep yours because you were first
But if anyone else makes one now I'm going to give you 500 infractions

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
HaydenStudios said:
Out of curiosity, was this inspired by the well which took place about a year-and-a-half ago? Or is this not caused by that?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I lost my entire post -_-

Anyway....I'm sorry, I have to rewrite all the answers.

and no, I wasn't part of the well, (I don't know what the well is)

Who are your favorite video game characters?
My favorite Character is Sir Lancelot He is kind of a Copy of Shadow, but he doesn't have all the baggage that Shadow has.

What is the first video game you remember playing?
Sonic The Hedgehog 1, It was one of the best things that I ever put into my Sega genesis.

I remember the first time I beat Dr.Robotnick in Green Hill Zone.

It was one of the best moments ever for me. /\_/\

Which games have held the throne as your favorite game throughout different periods of your childhood?
In chronological order:

#1 Super Mario 64

When I was 9 I lived and breathed Mario, I couldn't get enough of it, and getting a 3D Mario game just did it for me.

good times...

#2 Sonic 3 and Knuckles

I never had this title for my genesis, but after getting Sonic Mega collection for the Gaemcube, I fell in love with this game, it felt so nostalgic and I couldn't get enough of it.

#3 Zelda: A Link To The Past

My favorite Zelda title, I had already played through Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask, but this did it for me.

I've played through the game at least 20 times and could speerun the game in 1:45:00 very consistantly and my best recorded time was 1:38:00

My most memorable moment was my three heart run of the game, I finished it with a death count of 762 (estimating)

What caused you to join these forums?
My load of modding Questions. I don't know what there were off the top of my head...

What was your inspiration to start modding?
Seeing how easy it must be to mod the game from all the external folders (haha)

What made you decide on making a mod about Sue's perspective?
I applied Sue's Sprites to a vanilla CS through laces MIM command that MagicDoors was nice enough to apply for me while I was young at modding and naive.

Name your top ten favorite Cave Story mods. Feel free to let your list go beyond ten if you want.
I haven't Played 10 mods

here is my list:

#1 King; Strife and Sacrafice

#2 WTF Story

#3 Cavern Tale

#4 The Mimiga Army

#5 Cave Story with a fourth Ending

I can't remember playing any other memorable mods.

What programming languages do you know, if any? Scripting languages don't count.
Sadly none. :(

I want to learn Java when I can so I might be able to make a better Save editor for CS.

What is your general opinion about this community? What do you think are its positive and negative attributes?
Positive: everyone is alowed to have an opinion

Negative NSFW has to creep into every single discussion one way or another.

How many siblings do you have, and what ages and genders are they?
I have an older Brother and two younger brothers, and three younger sisters.

that makes 7 in total.

Do you have any game design experience prior to Cave Story modding and joining these forums? If so, what kinds of projects did you undertake, with what tools, and during what periods of time did their development take place?
I did make a Legend of Zelda - The Stone Legion With my brother Sword Legion, It's a nice mod I made in about 3 months.

Other then that I failed to set up a Sonic 1 ROM dissembly. :/

Do you have any ongoing projects that you haven't posted about on these forums but some people here would at least find mildly interesting? If so, what?
I have one that is CS related, but It's a secret... for now.

What do you plan to do for your career? Do you currently have any goals in life, whether general or specific?
I want to make my own PC game with my older brother.

I also want to marry the girl that I have been looking at from a distance for the last two years, but have never had the opportunity to really meet...

And I want to finish Sue's Story. :)

Thank you for all those Questions!

MagicDoors said:
Why do you think you're so important that you need to have an "ask me anything" thread when people can just ask you stuff through visitor messages or PMs

Becasue I wanted to have one and Nox is a very nice person.

Parkraft123 said:
Can I please voice itoh in cave story abridged, I WANTED TO VOICE HIM SO BAD
Do you have a love life?
Maybe, It depends on who does better.

Read above.

TLincoln said:
How did you come up with the name "Bombchu Link"?

This Video

Noxid said:
you get to keep yours because you were first
But if anyone else makes one now I'm going to give you 500 infractions
Thank you Noxid.

The Cat Gods shine upon you.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I guess that I did.

(I almost never look in the satellite lounge)

But where should it be moved?

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:29 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Random-storykeeper said:
Nah, you don't need to move it (I think).

Oh right, questions.

What's your favorite kind of chocolate? (White, Dark, Milk)
White, it's so....creamy.

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Bombchu Link said:
I also want to marry the girl that I have been looking at from a distance for the last two years, but have never had the opportunity to really meet...
Don't you think it's a bit early to be thinking about marriage? I mean for one, you're 16, and for another, you haven't even really met this girl. Would you argue that marrying this poor unsuspecting soul is still the right choice? (I say unsuspecting because you say you haven't really met her yet.)

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
What's your favorite color?
What's your favorite kind of cookies?

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:22 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Don't you think it's a bit early to be thinking about marriage? I mean for one, you're 16, and for another, you haven't even really met this girl. Would you argue that marrying this poor unsuspecting soul is still the right choice? (I say unsuspecting because you say you haven't really met her yet.)

I understand that you're considered for my well being going into this at my current age.

But isn't 16 about the age when you start courting people of the opposite sex?

anyways,

First of all I'm stuck 10 miles from anywhere, and never get to go out to town (I'm home schooled)

My family meet with another family with the same morals as I and they have a daughter that I have been interested it for about 3 years...

I haven't really been able to meet with then because were are 10 miles out of anyone way and my parents aren't all that good at setting up visits with others.

I did get to go to a dance and dance with her, but I don't think she knows that I like her...

It's not like I've never meet her, I want to meet her more, it's just that I can't...

And no, not a poor unsuspecting soul, She's looking for someone, I just haven't been able to tell her that I want to be that one.

I took "A virtuous woman's value is above rubies" to heart.

And also marriage is the "ultimate goal" (maybe I shouldn't have used that word....)

I just hope that my brother doesn't read this, he wouldn't like me very much if I he did. (don't ask)

IdioticBaka1824 said:
What's your favorite color?
What's your favorite kind of cookies?

Red, I feel as if I will be giving out that answer a lot of times over the course of this thread.

Hmm, snicker doodles

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Professional Whatever
Bombchu Link said:
But isn't 16 about the age when you start courting people of the opposite sex?
You're still in school, so first of all it interferes with your studies and can ruin your education. And don't tell me that you'd be different because I've seen that happen to every one of my friends who's had boyfriends or girlfriends.

Bombchu Link said:
And also marriage is the "ultimate goal" (maybe I shouldn't have used that word....)
Okay no, this is absolute bullshit. Don't just marry someone because there's no one else left. Marriage is a sacred bond, and should be respected by marrying the person you truly love. Otherwise you probably won't be having that marriage for very long anyway, and your life could get pretty miserable. I admit I do have my eye on someone, but it has taken me around six years of being best friends with her to feel that way.

So no, marriage is not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is finding a life you are happy with, whether or not that includes a spouse.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
MagicDoors said:
You're still in school, so first of all it interferes with your studies and can ruin your education. And don't tell me that you'd be different because I've seen that happen to every one of my friends who's had boyfriends or girlfriends.
Okay no, this is absolute bullshit. Don't just marry someone because there's no one else left. Marriage is a sacred bond, and should be respected by marrying the person you truly love. Otherwise you probably won't be having that marriage for very long anyway, and your life could get pretty miserable. I admit I do have my eye on someone, but it has taken me around six years of being best friends with her to feel that way.
So no, marriage is not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is finding a life you are happy with, whether or not that includes a spouse.

First of all I'm not in school, I did a ten grade school curriculum and scored much higher then public school kids.
(I had to take a state test to make sure that I'm educated and I blew that out of the water scoring at 12.9 on a few areas)

And marriage isn't about love necessarily, it's about a bonding to another person for life.

You might have heard of arranged marriages, right?
They stay together with a much higher success rate because if a marriage is based of love, then when the love goes the marriage goes.

I'm not saying I'm getting one, but the reason I want to get married because of an intellectual decision, not a romantic one.

I understand that the ultimate goal is to be happy (that's a whole nother discussion on it's own) I think to be happy, I need a wife and children.

(sorry if any of that came of snobby like)

Dunc2403 said:
I'm still really confused about this:
What exactly is your religion?
Major: Christianity

Minor: Messianic Jew.

What exactly do you want to know?

I follow the feasts of the old testament, I am a God fearing young man, and follow the bible.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
War criminal
So WHO exactly is your brother?

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
My older brother?

Sword Legion, he made the OP for Thanksgiving Story.

He does art for the misc. projects I have.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:26 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
bobchu link what should I do when faced with an unending tide of ignorance and misguided thinking while being powerless to do anything about it

Status
Not open for further replies.