Artwork and Stuff

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:24 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I didn't make any of those characters they are found in the Archie comics.

but yeah, that is a nice Tails edit.

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
no but the point is
it's not
it's a shitty duplicate +extra shit

he's still cute though

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Professional Whatever
but

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I thought I would post my church
p103078-0-eibrhii.jpg

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Randolf, is that a church in your town? Love the highlights at the tips of the roof.
I'd like to draw in public too, but i really don't want to get any funny looks or comments by doing so

I drew more stuff:
psycho_hammer_by_elecmaw-d76iosh.png

I also made another thing, but it's slightly NSFW so follow this link instead (just to be safe):
If anyone wants it i also have a fully NSFW version but i'm not comfortable sending it in public :critter:

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
That's some good stuff, ElecMaw.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Ultimate Nerd-meister said:
That's some good stuff, ElecMaw.

Thanks!

I don't have anything to do right now, so if anyone wants a art trade i'd glady do them! :D

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'd maybe like to do an art trade... when I get home I mean. I'm at the airport on our way back from Ohio.

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Allright, but don't expect too much. I have a lot of work-related stuff to do in next few days.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:49 AM
War criminal
Here's a recent drawing of one of my characters (her name's Terri) I usually draw.

NWYacz4.jpg

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:56 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Reminds me of Curly + Princess Zelda + baseball.

Overall pretty good (though the eyes are kinda large).

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:18 AM
War criminal
Bombchu Link said:
Reminds me of Curly + Princess Zelda + baseball.

Overall pretty good (though the eyes are kinda large).
I get the Princess Zelda resemblance part a lot. The eyes though, I swear, that's my Achilles heel when it comes to drawing people. But it's not as bad as I used to draw, when their eyes would overlap past the face outline.
Alright, so I just looked back to my old sketchbook from the beginning of my Senior Year in high school and holy crap, I don't even-

1Vkn5SH.jpg

sXwZfQB.jpg

I prefer my newer drawings more.

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:10 AM
TLincoln said:
Here's a recent drawing of one of my characters (her name's Terri) I usually draw.

I've seen your drawings a few times and i think you picked up a few bad habits:
-Characters doesn't have to always stay perfectly upright, especially not when they are aggravated/in conflict. I know this sounds dumb, but try out acting as if you are in battle with someone and you'll get good ideas for poses.
-Breasts are not simple ovals (even if they are big). I'm going to assume you are a guy, try to feel your chest and see where it lies and ends on your body. You don't have to be female to really guess where they are, but if you are stumped you can always look up some examples to get an idea what they look like on paper.
-Continuing on, a good way to learn anatomy is to look up pictures of people (Or just people irl), and try putting them on paper. You'll get a basic sense what a human body looks like.
-Not entirely nessecary, but try out different coloring mediums, like crayons, ink or paint(If you can afford it). You can only become so good with just plain pencil and paper. Or you can go digital.

Try picking up "Drawing on the right side of the brain" if you get the chance. I'll help you a lot :orangebell:

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Professional Whatever
You can make beauty with pencil shading, and you can make a mess with painting. The medium is irrelevant. You still need to have practice with any form of medium to create something pretty, but you will not have more potential with paints or oils than you will with pencil drawings.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:01 PM
War criminal
Heh heh. I guess I gotta keep learning. And for the "battle posing" part, I've originally wanted to make a pseudo-manga, but so many thoughts could come in my head and my daily life has been preventing me from doing so. I'm still trying to get that out of my system.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM
MagicDoors said:
You can make beauty with pencil shading, and you can make a mess with painting. The medium is irrelevant. You still need to have practice with any form of medium to create something pretty, but you will not have more potential with paints or oils than you will with pencil drawings.
Sorry for saying that. =I
If you have a toolbox of pencils and you know how to use them, then yeah. Most people i've seen use just one pencil and some graph paper.

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MagicDoors said:
You still need to have practice with any form of medium to create something pretty, but you will not have more potential with paints or oils than you will with pencil drawings.
That seems like kind of a blanket statement to make, since some people could be/are just naturally better with some mediums than others.