Anyone here play League of Legends?

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I do, summoner name is Badnik96

add me, we can do stuff.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
ScythianSteppes.
Katarina too OP for you.

Feb 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Feb 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
League of Legends is one of my favorite games, to be honest. It just has such great art direction and it's generally fun in how it's designed.
My summoner name is Olliejay, by the way.

Feb 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Ollie said:
League of Legends is one of my favorite games, to be honest. It just has such great art direction and it's generally fun in how it's designed.
My summoner name is Olliejay, by the way.
But the art direction is awful, the splash art is horrendously inconsistent and pretty much all of the recent female characters are really generic and overdesigned and look far too similar
And I hope you know the things that are "fun in how it's designed" came directly from an old Warcraft 3 map that nearly ever idea in the game was stolen from

No but I still sorta play LoL, same name as here. I've been almost exclusively playing it for just over a year now, I really have a love/hate relationship with the game.
Also Teemo es numero uno

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I realize that it's inconsistent, but it's pretty clear that they're working on it, since they have been remaking a lot of champion graphics.
At it's highest it looks very good.
I do know that the concept was from Warcraft 3. It simply does it better by actually being fun to play.

By the way, I'd like you to compare Vi with Quinn and see how different they look.

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:51 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Dota 2 is a much better game.

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:54 AM
meep
Ollie said:
I do know that the concept was from Warcraft 3. It simply does it better by actually being fun to play.
Don't even get me started bro! I could write an essay on why LoL is a complete bastardization of the original concept, but instead I'll link you this.

Once you've played about 500+ games of each, you realize how samey and dull League's design is, and how much more fun it is to have every character designed around a little specific niche that counters something or brings something situational to the table. LoL is designed around being easy to pick up and non-competitive play, so it gets to a point where you realize how much of the original concept is cut out of it to acheive that.

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Landonpeanut said:
Dota 2 is a much better game.
Doubt it, Heroes of Newerth is better. Aside from the services they offer, the graphic is pretty much alive. Compaired to League of legends, I'd say League of legends = 7, HoN = 9, Dota 2 = 7.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I never got into LoL, the community always stopped me from ever wanting to give it a go :(

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM
meep
TAMjustine said:
Doubt it, Heroes of Newerth is better. Aside from the services they offer, the graphic is pretty much alive. Compaired to League of legends, I'd say League of legends = 7, HoN = 9, Dota 2 = 7.
I hope you realize HoN literally is DotA; more than half of the heroes are direct ports, the map is identical, and aside from some tweaks the item pool is also identical. It was only initially made so people could play DotA without having to use WC3.

So I don't really see what puts it under Dota 2, from what I've played of both Dota 2 is essemtially the same thing with a dramatically clearer art style and loads of Valve character.

And then LoL is just chilling somewhere deep below as the metaphorical Call of Duty of dotalikes