Another Music Challenge...

ROUND 1: Which ORG do you think best fit its character? (Pick two)

• "Death Waltz" by ColdCallerloppy for the Doctor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Eatbleed" by Phantop CS for Mahin

• "Unholy Demon" by 2DBro for Ballos

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2015 at 2:28 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
SuperJaws100 said:
Hmm.... sure, why not. Just make sure that you base the theme of your song off of his Cave Story personality, not his personality in other mods. I believe there was a mod somewhere (perhaps it was Jenka's Nightmare? I don't remember) that had a secret area where the mushrooms had made a tribute to Ma Pignon, who was now dead, which was supposed to make you feel sad for killing it. Make sure that you don't confuse the two portrayals.
I will, I've never played the other mod, so I'm coming at this from the CS only personality.

Aug 4, 2015 at 2:53 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I just realized I have only 15 days since i won't have my PC until the 10th... I hope I can pull this off...

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:49 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Wow all these M characters that people have claimed. O_O

Okay I'll enter and pick Zett for now. The elderly Mimiga...he is a valid character for this, right?

And once again, one character per user definitely limits the number of participants, which considering the last competition, is what you want...I mean, of course there may not be a whole bunch of users who will claim every available character; but if such is the case, I hope you'll allow new participants to choose characters that have already been claimed, rather than limiting participation.

Aug 4, 2015 at 4:48 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Random-storykeeper said:
Wow all these M characters that people have claimed. O_O

Okay I'll enter and pick Zett for now. The elderly Mimiga...he is a valid character for this, right?

And once again, one character per user definitely limits the number of participants, which considering the last competition, is what you want...I mean, of course there may not be a whole bunch of users who will claim every available character; but if such is the case, I hope you'll allow new participants to choose characters that have already been claimed, rather than limiting participation.
Repeats of characters are allowed. Do whoever you want, irregardless of who else is doing them.

My problem with using Zett or Chie or someone similar is that their personality is limited. They're stock characters. It'll be hard to produce strong emotions about the character through your theme.

Aug 4, 2015 at 9:17 AM
Beakface
Oh, I chose Zett mainly because Malco was taken, and I thought we were only allowed to choose unique characters based on the way you answered my last question. Which also kind of defeats the purpose of having to say the character we're choosing, but I guess it's more to see if it's "within the rules" etc.

I dunno; I think I'll stick with my choice for now. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out, and I can just say what character I'll try next. Personally none of the Cave Story characters to me reveal much of their personality, but of course with characters that have lots of lines/cutscenes it's probably easier to determine a more definite personality for each of them.

Aug 4, 2015 at 9:05 PM
Safusaka said:
I'll do booster.
What the HELL is that MONSTROSITY where your Avatar should be?

On an on-topic note, will do. I hope we don't get to a point where everyone even mildly interested is in it, leaving very few people with unbiased votes...

Aug 4, 2015 at 9:10 PM
Beakface
Then just make it a rule that you can't vote for your own? It'll reduce some bias maybe and at least encourage listening to others' entries.

I dunno, seems like kind of a weird thing to say that you hope you don't get a lot of participants. Let things just come as they are. People are naturally going to have some form of bias when making their decisions in these things; that's why it's for fun (I hope) and not a huge deal.

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Random-storykeeper said:
Then just make it a rule that you can't vote for your own? It'll reduce some bias maybe and at least encourage listening to others' entries.

I dunno, seems like kind of a weird thing to say that you hope you don't get a lot of participants. Let things just come as they are. People are naturally going to have some form of bias when making their decisions in these things; that's why it's for fun (I hope) and not a huge deal.
There's no way to track who votes for what in our poll system.

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:44 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm pretty sure there's an option in the forum polls that makes it so it's publicly visible as to who's voted for what.

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:01 PM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I'm pretty sure there's an option in the forum polls that makes it so it's publicly visible as to who's voted for what.
I've looked for it, I can't find it. This forum has the exact same layout as many of the other forums I've been on and it's not in the usual place.

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:05 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
SuperJaws100 said:
I've looked for it, I can't find it. This forum has the exact same layout as many of the other forums I've been on and it's not in the usual place.
p204291-0-xkcyhuz.png

It's right there, kind of hard to miss.

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:21 AM
Beakface
BLink said:
RSK, use the theme of Sue that you gave me for my mod ages ago.
Oh my gosh I forgot I did that ^^; I never did end up finishing it though. As far as the rules are concerned, I could still expand upon preexisting work because it won't be a remix nor transcription.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:14 PM
Random-storykeeper said:
Oh my gosh I forgot I did that ^^; I never did end up finishing it though. As far as the rules are concerned, I could still expand upon preexisting work because it won't be a remix nor transcription.
I forgot to add this, but like the previous challenge, the work has to be made after the start of the contest (so the day this post was made).

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM
Beakface
SuperJaws100 said:
I forgot to add this, but like the previous challenge, the work has to be made after the start of the contest (so the day this post was made).
Wasn't the rule that you can use preexisting work as long as you expand upon it?

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:03 AM
Random-storykeeper said:
Wasn't the rule that you can use preexisting work as long as you expand upon it?
Mmm... no, if I recall correctly, it had to be made specifically for the contest. Unless it's a work that you've been working on and haven't finished, then that's fine. But in your case it's a finished work.

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:07 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I may do one for Chaba, depending on how long it ends up taking

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Goerge Bobicles said:
so if its not a finished work, does it count?
Yeah but didn't he say... whatever, if it's unfinished, then fine. But by "unfinished" I mean "It still needs a base and/or back up tracks and drums." not "I need to add a little bit of polish, like changing instruments or something."