• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

• I've had it made known to me that for about a week now people haven't been able to finish registering or receive email notifications. I can imagine how frustrating this must have been, particulary for our newest members. Unfortunately our site owner is away at the moment and he most likely won't be able to do anything about it for another week or so. Until then, anyone who wants their account manually verified can contact me via their method of preference and I'll sort it for them myself. Thanks to everyone for their patience regarding this issue. -DoubleThink

• Emails should hopefully be fixed, please let us know if they're working properly now.

Animated Avatars.

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Mar 2, 2009 at 7:00 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
When the forum was upgraded it seems like it was forgotten to turn these back on, or were they left off on purpose?

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I am not sure on how to change it. Sorry.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Animated avatars? So just as I find out I can have them I find out I can't? That's nice.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:44 PM
/end
You can still have an avatar, in time. Just not an animated one.

Mar 2, 2009 at 11:46 PM
Banned
I know I can have an avatar. In two or three more days, actually.
I just didn't even know this forum had ever allowed animated avatars. Guess not, anymore. >_>

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:20 AM
Grumpy *****istrator
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I have reactivated the animated GIF option for avatars for those who can have an avatar, this seems to have been an oversight when the forums were updated and not a deliberate policy change.

However, I will remind people that we can remove this option if people decide to choose an avatar that is highly distracting, such as on a high speed loop.

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:25 AM
/end
I'm hoping the avatar I want to use

doesn't count as highly distracting.

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Banned
*Stares*
O.O
O.O
O.O

...Yeah, I think it counts as distracting...

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:33 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Only if you count that the animation being a bit jumpy and sprite being stretched is bugging me, then it's distracting.

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:35 AM
Banned
This discussion should end. It hurts me dearly, being the only person I see active without avatar priviledges. :/

Mar 3, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Fire1052 said:
This discussion should end. It hurts me dearly, being the only person I see active without avatar priviledges. :/
Join the club.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:08 PM
Luls
Finally!!! I've been waiting for this =P *makes avatar*