Am I the only one who though this?

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:22 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So me and my friend were talking about the Sakamotos and just ideas for cave story and general. We always went off the assumption that the Doctor was Sue and Kazuma’s dad (And Momorin’s Husband). But the more I thought about it, I can’t think of a single time it says it in game. I swear it does, but can’t remember. I’m probably going to play though the game again and see if I was wrong (witch I probably was tbh). I probably just made an assumption and took it as a fact. I just want to know if I was the only one who believed this. I really don’t want to be wrong about this but whenever I feel that way, I’m always wrong. I would post this in theories, but it isn’t really a theory, just me being dumb.

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:08 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I have definitely never made that assumptions.. view him as more of a creepy coworker, like Itoh

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:09 PM
War criminal
Chivalry is Sue and Kazuma's dad, Momorin has stated that he's dead, likely by the Doctor's hand

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:04 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Chivalry is Sue and Kazuma's dad, Momorin has stated that he's dead, likely by the Doctor's hand
Is Chivalry even a name?

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:28 AM
Well, Sue did mention that there were "various assistants" besides Kazuma, Momorin, Pr Booster and the Doctor. I think it is entirely possible that some people were killed, turned into mimiga or even fed with red flowers(OMG what if Igor used to be a human?)
No idea about Sue's dad though.

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:34 AM
Based Member
Feb 14, 2019 at 5:18 AM
War criminal
The OG memes must live on! Of all seriousness though, I know I shouldn't bring anything up Nicalis, but their translation on Professor Booster's dialogue does say Sue's father is Dr. Sakamoto, not Dr. Fuyuhiko (does anyone even remember the Doctor's real name?)

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:31 AM
The OG memes must live on! Of all seriousness though, I know I shouldn't bring anything up Nicalis, but their translation on Professor Booster's dialogue does say Sue's father is Dr. Sakamoto, not Dr. Fuyuhiko (does anyone even remember the Doctor's real name?)
I thought Dr. Sakamoto is Momorin.
Why would Booster mention Sue's farther in the first place?

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:47 AM
War criminal
I thought Dr. Sakamoto is Momorin.
Why would Booster mention Sue's farther in the first place?
He didn't want her to be alone while he's busy at work AND her family flying over to the island. He cares for his daughter, who wouldn't?

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:47 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Nicalis translation said:
If you see Sue one last time,
please take her and...
escape... from the island.

She is Dr. Sakamoto's-
daughter.

For the longest time she-
resisted coming to this-
island.

But she couldn't be left-
behind, all alone...

She had no choice but to-
follow us to the island.

Please.
Take her and escape.
It doesn't ever specify who Dr. Sakamoto is exactly. Most likely Booster is referring to Momorin, but we could always imagine Dr. Sakamoto could be a father figure. And from how Booster refers to him, it appears he isn't around anymore... Alive? Maybe. Or not? Why would Sue resist coming to this island so much? Why do the Sakamoto's know how to find or have permission to go to an island that has caused a past disaster to the surface? Is there a past connection that they have to the island? Could Dr. Sakamoto Sr. have been a part of the island's past when the scientists were attacked by robots for defending the Mimiga? Booster recognizes Quote despite his human appearance... Has he seen these Scout Robots before? Does the family and Booster have a connection to this place? Who sent Quote and Curly on a mission that was against ... etc etc

Or maybe it was just referring to Momorin.

@Doctor's name
cavestory.org theory reference said:
The Crown Bearers
AGTP Translation
Halda
Annachponae
Miakid
Fuyuhiko Date​
Official Translation
Halder
Anatupone
Miakido
Date Fuyuhiko​

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:33 PM
Yeah that’s probably what confused me. The first version I ever played was the switch version of + and that was translated by Nicilas (right? I’m not good when it comes to this stuff).