Am I The Only One Who Never Uses Rocket Launcher?

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Anyone? (The Super And Normal Ones) And Really. I NEVER Used Rocket launcher

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I always save all of my rockets for bosses out of habit, unless my weapon options are really sparse

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The only times I use the Missile Launcher is when I have no other choice (which happens commonly in some mods for Cave Story) or if I don't have the Spur when fighting Ballos.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
I literally never use the missile launcher either. I used to use it on one of the doctor's forms (don't remember which?) and it killed him pretty fast... until I realized that I could achieve the same effect by absolutely raping the lv 2 blade (I am a master at rapid firing manually).

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Been here way too long...
The only time I used the missile launcher was with igor. After that, I never touched it.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Super Missiles are essential for speedrunning Hell. Other than that, just some of the bosses, like Igor and both Core battles.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I save missiles for bosses and sniping high-value targets (bird swarms in sand zone).

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
During my first playthroughs, I never would use it out of habit for saving them for the bosses (but then wouldn't even use them then). However since I've played through the game so many times (and since I've done the boss rush a lot), I've found out where they're the most useful. Most of the cases are the bosses.
This is a list of all the locations I find them useful.
-Igor
-Balrog in Grasstown
-Balfrog in Grasstown
-The birds in the lower part of sandzone (useful if you don't have the machinegun or bubbler since the missiles have a long range and their splash damage works well on the swarms)
-Puu Black (you can kill him nearly instantly, even faster than a level 2 blade)
[from here on it's super missiles]
-The Core
-Ironhead (but you probably won't have any since you just fought the core)
-The Sisters (dragons)
-Red Ogre/Demon
-The last 3 bosses (but you won't want to use them here if you're planning to go to hell after, since there isn't a missile refill inbetween)
-Ballos 2nd & 4th form

The missiles are a very powerful bossing weapon, and I'm kind of sad I never used them on my first few playthrough. They're most effective if you can keep close to the boss though, what with the limit of having 2 shots on screen. They are at least twice as powerful as the level 2 blade in terms of dps I think.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:45 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I like using it to snipe out high level targets as minerguy667 says, but after the first few playthroughs I stopped using it on bosses, it's become a lot more fun to fight them out without it.

Sep 26, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
43501 said:
I literally never use the missile launcher either. I used to use it on one of the doctor's forms (don't remember which?) and it killed him pretty fast... until I realized that I could achieve the same effect by absolutely raping the lv 2 blade (I am a master at rapid firing manually).
LOL I do the exact same thing with the lv. 2 blade, although, the polar star and spur can manual raid-fire faster.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
The only time I ever use the missile launcher is when I fight Ballos' last form('cause without it, I'm as good as dead).

I used to use it on one of the doctor's forms (don't remember which?) and it killed him pretty fast... until I realized that I could achieve the same effect by absolutely raping the lv 2 blade (I am a master at rapid firing manually).

Police Officer: Yeah, I'm giving you a ticket 'cause I clocked in your button-pressing speed at mach 2.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I Use The LV.2 Blade For Ballos. I Finished Hell In 2'55'21

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Been here way too long...
No you didn't.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
screenshots or you're lying.

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:00 AM
diph.php

diph.php

Is That Enough?

(I Have To Replay It Again)

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
The only time I ever use the missile launcher is when I fight Ballos' last form('cause without it, I'm as good as dead).

Police Officer: Yeah, I'm giving you a ticket 'cause I clocked in your button-pressing speed at mach 2.

+1

User was warned for this post (lack of content) - GIRakaCHEEZER

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I always save all of my rockets for bosses out of habit, unless my weapon options are really sparse
I normally save my rockets to the point where I almost never use them, not even for bosses. Who wants to waste missiles on those silly bosses anyway? :p

Though recently I've starting to drop the habit a bit and use them on the occasional boss.

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:43 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
the last time i played cave story i kind of forced myself to use the missile launcher more often. you really need to get out of the mindset of "i need to perserve ammo" because it's actually insanely plentyful.

you're kind of discouraged to use missiles around sand zone with curly brace's shield, as well as the monsters that crawl along the floor.

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
the last time i played cave story i kind of forced myself to use the missile launcher more often. you really need to get out of the mindset of "i need to perserve ammo" because it's actually insanely plentyful.
I actually tend to run out whenever I use them. I'm not wasting them, it's just that the bosses take them all up (Normal or Super) before I actually kill them. I can't think of a single boss (when the missiles are at least somewhat effective) battle where I'll have missiles left over.