Am I the only one who hates Itoh?

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:44 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So I just want to if anyone else had genuine hate for Itoh or any other character.

Jan 13, 2019 at 10:51 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
For me, it’s clearly Curly.
I just don’t like the taste of it...

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:00 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Guys, this thread is easily no debate. The worst and most useless character in Cave Story is Jack. He's such a huge waste of npc code, it's already evident that Pixel gave up on him not even halfway through the game. Jack is a number two alright, a big fat, fucking piece of rabbit shit!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 12:59 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Guys, this thread is easily no debate. The worst and most useless character in Cave Story is Jack. He's such a huge waste of npc code, it's already evident that Pixel gave up on him not even halfway through the game. Jack is a number two alright, a big fat, fucking piece of rabbit shit!
Jack does appear in jail with Sue for a short period of time... But, is gone by the time Quote is taken... I wonder what happened to him?

p367810-0-1145303004979.jpg

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:04 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
the worst character is quote

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:27 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Itoh is the best character in cave story what are you talking about?
i probably missed the joke but I want an excuse to explain. He’s not necessarily a bad character, I just feel he doesn’t have much of a use. He comes in later game and I’m fine with new characters being introduced late game, as long as they have be referenced earlier in the game (Like Momorin). Itoh was just kinda thrown in. Another thing I dislike about the character is that he’s pretty much useless. You would have to change where you get the controller and a few ending scenes, and the game is fine. I understand why people would like him but he’s personally not for me.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 7:53 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Mahin's the worst, he does nothing but eat and uses magic to open a grate, he's hands down the worst, fight me

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:09 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Chinfish is the worst "character" in the whole game, and I feel like saying that is blasphemy here

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You don't talk about Jack that way.
Joking or not.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:10 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No one cares about Xander, he's just a 12 year old with gross fetishes.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:43 PM
true tho

Jan 15, 2019 at 5:33 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
But Mahin is God, he'd give you his wrath if you don't give him the chinfish in Cavern Tale
Well I sure as hell hope he shows me his wrath, 'cause as it stands, I'm sitting comfortably on my computer right now. But I think Jack is a close 2nd just because of his wasted potential alone, I like how Jenka's Nightmare plays his up a bit as the leader of the Mimigas in Grasstown and that after talking with King's spirit, does Jack find solace in knowing he can be a leader like King, if not better.
In vanilla CS he says some dumb shit about some mushrooms and basically yeets out of existence Post-Labyrinth.

Jan 15, 2019 at 12:18 PM
In vanilla CS he says some dumb shit about some mushrooms and basically yeets out of existence Post-Labyrinth.
I have never heard someone describe a character more accurately.....

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:33 PM
Jan 15, 2019 at 8:14 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Poor Jack. If he ends up being in Smash before Waluigi then what the heck.
...IDK, I just wanted to say something random.
But yeah, Itoh and Jack are just tossed in the back after the Plantation, wonder what could've happened to them.

KingDinner Big Shock.pngNo wait! I know where Jack went! He was turned into one of the Ravil on the Balcony!
Edit, I do know where Itoh went. Woops.

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:44 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Poor Jack. If he ends up being in Smash before Waluigi then what the heck
If Jack ends up in Smash before Quote or Curly, then what the heck

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:46 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I'd imagine they and Geno would be in before Waluigi anyways. I don't understand why. But yeah, Quote and Curly should be in Smash soon.