AGH I CANT GET PAST MISERY ON WII

May 18, 2015 at 12:22 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I TRADED THE STUPID MACHINE GUN CUZ ITS LIKE A BOOSTER 4 ME AND I HAs IRON BOND AAAAAAAAAAAAA

May 18, 2015 at 12:33 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
And the spur doesn't make the battle a cakewalk?

All you really need to do is charge it to max and wait for her to appear relatively close and fire.

If you have the snake though, I can partially sympathize, the black shield things do make it difficult to land a hit sometimes.

May 18, 2015 at 12:39 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
then its an imposible battle cuz last cave hidden was a fricking pain and i didnt have a life pot ogod ;-; one time i did defeat her but with 6 HP doctor rekt me on his 2nd form
well if i ever defeat core i'tll be a pain for hell

May 18, 2015 at 12:48 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
No My first run from 2012 i had the normal ending with booster v0.8 + curly ded
And i didn't use walkthroughs
The normal ending was on Normal and the good ending not beaten is on easy (wait what) why?

May 18, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The not beaten one ending was with walkthroughs though.

Boss rush? I don't have it unlocked, I only have curly story.

May 18, 2015 at 12:59 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
no not the boss rush gamemode the four bosses on the balcony (misery, doc/muscledoc, undead core)
riki2321 said:
The not beaten one ending was with walkthroughs though.
I actually have no idea what this sentence means please try to use clearer english

May 18, 2015 at 1:03 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The not beaten ending is the good ending i didn't beat for now

The beaten ending (normal one) was the bad one. Sorry but im chilean
i meant the normal one*

May 18, 2015 at 1:34 AM
Been here way too long...
p202515-0-gmyhe4q.jpg

Seriously, there's no specific advice we can give you except for "just practice."

May 18, 2015 at 1:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
You can avoid getting hit during the Misery fight altogether if you would just pace yourself. You don't have to attack every round. Focus on evasion first and attacking second. And don't rush to finish off the enemy just because they are low on health.

May 18, 2015 at 1:58 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Here's some important advice:

Don't get hit by the black things.

Don't get hit by the yellow things.

Don't get hit by the miserable thing.

Don't fight her with the machine gun.

Don't die.

May 18, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
QuoteHax said:
Here's some important advice:

Don't fight her with the machine gun.

Don't die.
I fought her with the Machine Gun and defeated her almost as fast as the Spur does.

Either I'm super good at the Machine Gun or it's not getting used right.

May 18, 2015 at 6:09 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
You're totally capable of getting the good ending with the Machine Gun, don't worry. Andwhy's post has some good things to keep in mind, but otherwise...as others have said, all you have to do is practice! It might seem impossible at times, but eventually things will click - just don't forget to take a break if you're really getting tired or frustrated, since being refreshed and rested can make more of a difference than you'd think.

May 18, 2015 at 1:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Polaris said:
You're totally capable of getting the good ending with the Machine Gun, don't worry. Andwhy's post has some good things to keep in mind, but otherwise...as others have said, all you have to do is practice! It might seem impossible at times, but eventually things will click - just don't forget to take a break if you're really getting tired or frustrated, since being refreshed and rested can make more of a difference than you'd think.

I learnt that the hard way, I had to do Hell a thousand times before I finally defeated Ballos. And now, Ballos is a piece of cake for me to defeat.
A tip: Study the moves of the bosses, you need to create a tactic on how to move to dodge their attacks.

May 19, 2015 at 2:24 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
In my opinion, the Machine Gun is very much better than the Spur...
Anyways, Misery shouldn't be that hard, no matter what ending you are going for. Her attacks are relatively easy to dodge...

May 20, 2015 at 5:33 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
For the Doctor's first phase; Keep your distance, not too far, not too close, hit him with some bullets and then jump out of the way of his red streams so you don't get hurt or die. And when he's in the air in a closed-in position, run to a corner and dodge the hoard of streams, don't attack the Doctor at that time or you'll most likely get hit. On his second phase same thing, keep distance, hit, jump, repeat, when he's about to fire his hoard of bats; have the blade at level 2 and spam it on him to destroy as many bats as you can while hitting the Muscle Doctor, this can help save you from some damage later on. On the core battle, I recommend hitting the Core first, the moment it closes after its first set of hits spam the living heck out of that blade out on Misery, once she's defeated just dodge mutated Sue, and hit the Core with your blade or machine gun. After that, just repeat until you win. Once outside, go for the Prefab house and there yah go, you can save and go into Hell. Just don't die. And clearly everyone has already given you advice on Misery so just use that with my advice.

May 20, 2015 at 4:25 PM
War criminal
You're having difficulties facing Misery with the Machine Gun? I know how that was like in my first run of Cave Story DSi. The Machine Gun will be kinda useful if you make it to the Undead Core battle. It's easier to ward off Frenzied Sue and Frenzied Misery with it.

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:42 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
lel get cucked son