After Cave Story

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:02 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
What happens after Cave Story? First off, is the 'good ending' what would actually happen? Realistically, I would say that that is unlikely. Also, we must assume that our hero lives, and gets to one of the actual endings.

If the good ending were the true ending, then I would think that somehow Balrog would inadvertantly get Quote and Curly into some trouble of some sort, perhaps by getting tired and resting in a cave, then they find out something within the cave, like ruins from whatever ancient town Jenka came form.

However, as previously stated, that's unlikely. So I would like some professional input.

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, maybe this. Or this. Or this. Of course, I'm assuming the best ending for all of those.

...Wait, what do you mean by "professional" opinion? None of us are professional makers-up of shit. You're dealing with amateurs with too much spare time.

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:55 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
THIS is pretty much my convoluted opinion on what happens after cave story. It isn't complete yet though, but it's logical enough to fit within the realms of belief.

And yeah I agree with cap'n fab, who would you define as a professional? The only professional that could probably answer this would be pixel himself, but he chooses not to because he likes to leave it up to the "player's imagination".

Apr 20, 2010 at 8:43 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
then I would think that somehow Balrog would inadvertantly get Quote and Curly into some trouble of some sort

That sounds quite probable, yep.

But now, doesn't it feel like there's other people things can happen to than the main characters? There's five entities of characters:
- Mimigas. Are all of them brought back to the island? Are they kept for scientific purposes? Or something different?
-Frenzied Mimigas. There's at least 4 of them left at the island as you escape... Or are they left? As you run to the Prefab house, they're gone. Did they descend to the earth or did Momotorin and Itoh take them with themselves?
-Jenka and Booster. There's this cutscene where Booster enter Jenka's house. What did they talk about? Why'd Booster get there out of all places?
-The researchers (Itoh, Momotorin, Sue)... Did they manage to return Sue and Itoh to normal? Did they get amazing results from the expedition to the island? What happened to them?
-And then there's Quote, Curly and Balrog who found some "calm place" on the surface.

So we've actually got 5 things to discuss. That appeared to be overlooked.

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:28 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
After Cave Story the heroes helped Nicalis to develop Cave Story for the Wii to make money, but Balrog screwed that up.

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"
lol

After cave story it was kinda implyed..Quote, and the gang go off to live in the mountains together, and live happliy every after.

But thats just what I got out of it.

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:39 PM
In the good ending, the Sakamotos go back to the surface and share their findings (geneological, sociological, architectural, holy-shit-witches-existological) with everyone, go back to living normally, and Quote ends up being a lot like Alf.

May 14, 2010 at 6:52 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yal said:
That sounds quite probable, yep.

But now, doesn't it feel like there's other people things can happen to than the main characters? There's five entities of characters:
- Mimigas. Are all of them brought back to the island? Are they kept for scientific purposes? Or something different?
-Frenzied Mimigas. There's at least 4 of them left at the island as you escape... Or are they left? As you run to the Prefab house, they're gone. Did they descend to the earth or did Momotorin and Itoh take them with themselves?
-Jenka and Booster. There's this cutscene where Booster enter Jenka's house. What did they talk about? Why'd Booster get there out of all places?
-The researchers (Itoh, Momotorin, Sue)... Did they manage to return Sue and Itoh to normal? Did they get amazing results from the expedition to the island? What happened to them?
-And then there's Quote, Curly and Balrog who found some "calm place" on the surface.

So we've actually got 5 things to discuss. That appeared to be overlooked.

Ok...I'm gonna go out on a limb here and take a stab at these.

1) The Mimigas: They maybe stay at the village to rebuild? Perhaps some go with the Sakamotos as well.

2) The Frenzied Mimigas: They probably died. That's all I can say to that.

3) Jenka and Booster: Perhaps some sort of relation? They *do* look a little bit alike.

4) The researchers: Sue and Itoh manage to live a semi-normal life, since something as simple as a sneeze turns them back into Mimigas. The others are fine, showing the world their discoveries.

5) Quote, Curly & Balrog: Hmm...maybe they decided to live with the family?

Yeah...feel free to call me out on any of them. :p

May 14, 2010 at 7:31 PM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Captain Fabulous said:
and Quote ends up being a lot like Alf.

ahahahHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAH

oh god that's the best thing i've read in awhile
you guys remember Quote? well, he's back... IN POG FORM [/reference not many people will probably get]

anyway, I've been thinking of writing a fanfic about what happens after the best ending--centering around Quote, but revealing pretty much everything you'd want to know that happened after that point, and tying up any loose ends as best I could. I'd imagine him getting bored with "living out in the middle of nowhere happily ever after" after awhile and, especially given all his experiences during the events of Cave Story and probably even before he "fell asleep", he'd be curious about things, and how things are going, even if he is an android.

I should start writing that and stop putting it off. But then, it'd just be one fan's opinion presented in a hopefully fun-to-read story moreso than anything "official".

May 16, 2010 at 5:39 PM
"Huzzah!"

3) Jenka and Booster: Perhaps some sort of relation? They *do* look a little bit alike.

I always thought thay had some chemistry as soon as he went in.
At first, I think booster would ask all the questions he had, and then Chaco comes in and it would become a romantic-comedy sort of thing.

May 16, 2010 at 5:50 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I'm think a huge orgy consisting of Quote, Balrog and Curly.

May 31, 2010 at 5:20 PM
WoodenRat said:
I'm think a huge orgy consisting of Quote, Balrog and Curly.

that's a threesome. An orgy would require pretty much the entire Cave Story cast to be present

May 31, 2010 at 11:10 PM
"Huzzah!"
oshi-

Not Magane!

May 31, 2010 at 11:25 PM
May 31, 2010 at 11:51 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
ragnaroq said:
you got something against glasses?

It's too bad he spelled it wrong. (it's "Megane")

Magane means like inbetween, or something.

Also, why would the cast of Cave Story be having a bare feet party?

May 31, 2010 at 11:56 PM
I'm saying that only three characters would hardly constitute use of that term, and by the end of CS there are barely enough named characters still around to really make something worth using the term for. I guess... it'd only take something like 10 or so people for it to be considered an "orgy", any less and you could just call it "group sex". But then you have to go into the whole mess of figuring out whether androids and Balrog and etc should be considered more "participants" than "objects" and...

yeah, I'm trying not to get too silly here, but it's proving quite difficult!

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:00 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Jun 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Jun 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
So, any speculations for what happened after cave story besides "And then they all f***ed!" ?

ahahaah that's great. And I was just expecting a tvtropes link.

Well, my idea is that Quote feels a little uneasy on the island doing nothing, and eventually decides to go check up on the people he shared such powerful moments with on the island and goes to check up on them. I like to think at this point he has a fun time hanging out with constantly-morphing-back-and-forth Sue and Itoh, checks up on the Mimigas, sees whatever new Kazuma/Momorin and co. are up to, maybe talks to Jenka about the island that was so important to his existence and how his life played out and got a bunch of super wise lessons about life, the universe, and everything... maybe settled around somewhere closeby so he'd be at hand if anyone needed him, since at this point he'd feel that he has more of a purpose than to just "exist and chill out" after the events of Cave Story. And I guess logically there'd be a whole deal with Misery and what she's doing now. Maybe becoming the "new Jenka" for the island though I don't know if that'd even be needed... it depends on what fans decide would go on there afterward.

One thing I never can seem to decide in my head is whether the island floats or sinks after the "good ending". Yeah, it doesn't crash, but wouldn't it kind of suck if it just stayed in the air forever and all the good beings on there were trapped? I mean, after Quote cleaned out the place of everything evil it should be safe for the surface if it just slowly floated down to the ground, and the fact that Santa and Chaco are seen with the humans in the good ending lends credence to that idea.

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Locally speaking...

Best Ending:
- Quote, Curly and Balrog go to a beach.
- Everyone goes back to their lives.

Good Ending:
- Any prior residents of the island are homeless and seeking refuge, but the Mimigas may be discriminated against, attacked, or sought after because of the events from 10 years ago depending upon public knowledge.
- Anyone with a home will go back to their old lives.
- Ballos is freed from his prison and assumably goes on a rampage.

Bad Ending:
- Date starts his war and the Mimiga population is screwed.