Aeon Genesis Translation vs NICALiS Translation

Your answer?

• Aeon Genesis

• NICALiS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 15, 2018 at 1:43 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Except there's no bush in sight in the level, either. There's grass, which is considered a brush, but not a bush. Maybe it was meant to be called Brushlands?
i like grasstown though because people live there which is like a town and theres grass and grasstown is much more fun than bushlands like bushlands is like a wild place for dangerous stuff and crazy tough adventures but grasstown is like fun journey so far and beginning stuff which it is

Like grasstown just sounds more friendly and it isn't that intense of an area so that's why I think it fits it better even if there's no really town by houses being super close or shops or anything

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:01 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
-Both translations refer to Curly's underpants as green to match the colour that they appear as in-game, but the original text explicitly states that they are "light yellow." Presumably Pixel didn't have enough colours to colour them right and compromised by making the sprite green. NICALiS should have corrected their colour instead of making them darker.
Now this is really interesting, as this feels very reminiscent of the long-discussed debate on a certain witch's hair color. Except the details are more set in two separate stones than in headcanons.

Nov 15, 2018 at 3:47 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I gotta admit. When I first started coding, I laughed at WEED. Castle City in my mod is actually Grasstown. And the audio file is also weed. I was too lazy to scramble things up.

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:40 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Nov 16, 2018 at 2:44 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I prefer to commend a translation on th merits of it being accurate rather than "I like the way it sounds."
Well, that kind of how the nicalis traduction done.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 2:32 AM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, that kind of how the nicalis traduction done.
(note for zxin: "traduction" - translation)
People have been comparing the two translations for a long time. AGTP is actually more accurate and conveys dialog that fits the characters better, while Nicalis' translation flows more naturally in English, but loses some of the flavor of the original japanese dialog.
One good example: "I pray for your victory" - Dr. Booster, in AGTP. This phrase is pretty powerful, you won't find something like that in Nicalis' translation.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 2:46 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
AGTP is actually more accurate and conveys dialog that fits the characters better
Just... replace Litagano Motscoud with Yrots Evac, I feel that that was likely an accidental error in Aeon Genesis' part, if you wanna go with what they probably intended to plug in, Ritaganomo Tsukuudo is the password you are looking for

Nov 17, 2018 at 6:53 AM
"Huzzah!"
Someone remind me: the whole reason there are two translations was because there was a rights conflict concerning the original? Something like that?

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:40 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
. . .
Yeah. They should've just kept AGTP.

Nov 20, 2018 at 1:47 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I usually don't have a problem with different translations since I enjoy the game for what it is but between the different games some of the changes irks me.

Nov 20, 2018 at 3:52 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yeah. At times I am reading Cave Story + and I'm kinda sad because they ripped out some of my favorite lines.
AGTP: "Misery, you will be my puppet until the day you die."
NICALiS:"Until the day you die, you will be my puppet.
ACTP rolls off the tongue easier and therefore, wins.

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:46 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
That's me at my work place.
I'm the other employee.