Administration needs

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Now that SP has given up moderating (except on the threads he made :/) , and given the fact that most admins are rarely online, I suggest we have another administrator, one who is online often and clearly unbaised (not saying you admins are baised, but it's important to make that clear, I think).

Go ahead, lock this thread and say no if you want, but just think about it man.

Sep 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I agree that this is something that the forum needs, preferably *before* something foolish happens and we're all standing here saying "Well shit, son."

However this sort of thing has to follow Due Process. Red tape and all, hm? We must all humbly await the powers that be and their sagacious decisions. Clearly this is how it must be.

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:26 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
That's actually not a bad idea...

I suggest that someone like DoubleThink or SP choose a new adm
p109519-0-pic1.jpg
in

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
explosive said:
That's actually not a bad idea...

I suggest that someone like DoubleThink or SP choose a new adm
p109519-0-pic1.jpg
in

I agree (Even though my vote doesn't count)...

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Been here way too long...
I thought we decided it was going to go like this:
DoubleThink and andwhyisit cajole S. P. Gardebiter into being an admin again.
If he refuses, they wait a couple weeks for SkyeWelse to get his lazy ass over here, since it's "his forum."
Once all four of them are together, they come to a decision that someone is going to bitch about until they're blue in the face, because that's how it works here.

With Gardebiter out of the picture, this forum is hideously understaffed at the moment. The only active staff member is DoubleThink, who isn't getting involved much, as far as I can tell. Even if he's the new admin (which is unlikely, since he said he doesn't want to be), we're still not going to have enough people unless andwhyisit starts giving a shit for some reason.
So unless we all start behaving ourselves, or the forums stay at the level of activity we're experiencing (moderately low), I think a new moderator should be made. I also think there should be a vote amongst the forum members, and forum staff get the power of veto. But that's a lot of work for our mods, isn't it?

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Captain Fabulous said:
I also think there should be a vote amongst the forum members, and forum staff get the power of veto.

This. Even if the mods (aka DoubleThink) want to have final authority in the matter, there should at least be input from everyone who cares enough to give a nomination/vote/whatever.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:21 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
It doesn't seem like we would need to count a lot of votes, either. It seems like there's only really one small group of people on the forums that actually care about the administration.

Really, most of MG is either that group of people, or some new people here and there that aren't entirely educated on the forum's condition.

Then again, I'm probably entirely wrong since I only go on the IRC.

But that aside, who would be the candidates for moderator, anyway?

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:03 PM
graters gonna grate
Probably the:

WD said:
one small group of people on the forums that actually care about the administration.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:19 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I vote Noxid.

/endthread

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:27 PM
graters gonna grate
I was also planning on voting for Noxid, when/if we have a vote. He's unbiased, reasonably active on the forums, approachable, and he takes the time to think things through rather than acting impulsively. All excellent traits for a mod/admin.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:46 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Shadow the Past said:
I vote Noxid.
I think, yeah.

Let's just start voting now.

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:37 AM
daughter of chivalry
I could say a lot of stuff right now, but I won't. Plus, I can't argue the guy would make a decent admin.

Anyone else?

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:06 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Noxid said:
However this sort of thing has to follow Due Process. Red tape and all, hm? We must all humbly await the powers that be and their sagacious decisions. Clearly this is how it must be.
Dude what is your problem seriously

Captain Fabulous said:
If he refuses, they wait a couple weeks for SkyeWelse to get his lazy ass over here, since it's "his forum."
What the heck would I be supposed to do about it? I can't give anybody access to anything. I barely have access to anything.

The difficulty with finding staff for this site has always been that the people who could do it well don't want to, and that the people who want to do it wouldn't do it well. Noxid has never given any indication (AFAIK) that he wants a staff spot, and such a position isn't just going to be thrust onto an unwilling user. When holding a vote it's kind of useful to actually know who the candidates are first, yeah?

I vote for Alvin Greene.

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:15 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
DoubleThink said:
Dude what is your problem seriously

Sorry. I just get a kick out of using the big words and sometimes go on a bit more than I should. I don't really mean anything by it.

DoubleThink said:
The difficulty with finding staff for this site has always been that the people who could do it well don't want to, and that the people who want to do it wouldn't do it well. Noxid has never given any indication (AFAIK) that he wants a staff spot, and such a position isn't just going to be thrust onto an unwilling user. When holding a vote it's kind of useful to actually know who the candidates are first, yeah?

As for this, Well, I would accept some kind of position if the people thought it would be a good idea. Lord knows I'm on this forum more than what might be considered a healthy allotment of my day. I'm just concerned that I wouldn't even know *how* to be a good modmin in the first place.

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:21 AM
graters gonna grate
Just because someone hasn't explicitly said that they want a position doesn't mean they don't. Now if we were to choose someone, like Noxid for example, then said person could say no if they wanted.

I still say we do a "nomination" sort of thing to figure out who the candidates are. A nomination can be vetoed by the nominee, or by a mod/admin. I agree that nothing should be forced on anyone.

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:21 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Noxid said:
As for this, Well, I would accept some kind of position if the people thought it would be a good idea. Lord knows I'm on this forum more than what might be considered a healthy allotment of my day. I'm just concerned that I wouldn't even know *how* to be a good modmin in the first place.
Other problem is I think you're like me; i.e. you don't really have much passion for the site outside of the mods section. And really you end up having to deal with a lot of drama. Bets are you suddenly become a lot less popular after you actually get the position.

Goddamnit my eye won't stop twitching

EDIT: Nice ninja on wedge there

Wedge of Cheese said:
Just because someone hasn't explicitly said that they want a position doesn't mean they don't. Now if we were to choose someone, like Noxid for example, then said person could say no if they wanted.
You say this like I didn't already know it, but the person in question kind of still has to say something first. Which they just did >_>

Sep 3, 2010 at 4:35 AM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I vote Noxid. He deserves it.

Sep 3, 2010 at 4:55 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
SkyeWelse or Shirofan should be Admin. . . oh wait.

By the way in case you guys didn't notice, Thomas logged in today.

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:16 AM
Been here way too long...
Was there any disrespect of wimminz going on at the time? How many threads did he have to close?

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:37 AM
daughter of chivalry
Hey Fab don't joke about that. I am a woman and I am easily offended at some of the content on these forums. My fragile mind can't handle it.