Adding a Skill Testing Question to the Login Process

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
andwhy can't force Noxid to read application forms, can't he?
Because last I checked Noxid isn't paid for this.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Moon said:
But I suppose that WoodenRat had already explained why math is not a very good gauge of intelligence already.
Fuck yeah I did!

We get a "Guest forum" for people that signs up. They can not post in any other places. They have to apply to the moderators to be a "Forum Member". But hey, that would be kind of annoying to Noxid (who I think is the only moderator here? Or at least the only moderator who does something.) for him having to read through PMs and deciding whether to accept new members or not, plus, it would likely murder our site traffic. (but it's not like any of you here want new members anyways?)
This seems to be the best solution so far. Sure as hell beats fab's idea that knowing math (not really knowing, literally just googling for the answer) shows that a person is a mature individual.

I'd write a longer post but I'll just say that I agree with all your points.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The problem with most of the methods suggested so far I think is that it would turn this into an even more elitist community than it already is, and people would no longer want to join or sign up.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
The problem with most of the methods suggested so far I think is that it would turn this into an even more elitist community than it already is, and people would no longer want to join or sign up.
I see your point, But I like the small feel of the community.
Everyone knows each-other and we would only get quality users like doors and the enlightened one, and polaris.

To dig into my dark past, I came from a large community corrupted by a staff of about 50 and it was horrible. It has a popularity point system and oh... if you sad anything wrong you lost about 10 at a wack. And you needed 1 friend who liked you a lot just to get 1 of them. ... wait I'm getting of topic...

We don't need a large community. 15 active members are enough to keep this thing alive.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Professional Whatever
Now that is something I don't agree with. I don't want to talk to the same few people on these forums all the time, that's what Skype is for. I just want to be able to talk to new people instead of assuming everyone who joins is too immature to deal with

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Bombchu Link said:
Everyone knows each-other and we would only get quality users like doors and the enlightened one, and polaris.
Hahahaha. I think a lot of today's "quality" users were pretty insufferable when they first joined the forums, and to reference your list, doors was pretty bad (but he's better now). And don't even get me started on GIRakaCHEEZER when he first joined.

Sometimes people need a little time to learn and mature, so we shouldn't necessarily be shutting out immature users. As long as they can learn and mature, they should be allowed to stay.

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
And don't even get me started on GIRakaCHEEZER when he first joined.
Oh, so GIRakaCHEEZER is a he. (His profile didn't state what gender he is)

Sometimes people need a little time to learn and mature, so we shouldn't necessarily be shutting out immature users. As long as they can learn and mature, they should be allowed to stay.
I have to agree with that, I wasn't a jerk, but I didn't really know the lingo of boards (like when and what to joke about) as well until I hit 1,000 posts.

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Bombchu Link said:
Oh, so GIRakaCHEEZER is a he. (His profile didn't state what gender he is)
p171894-0-tumblrlb3pqe64kz1qa64bjo1500.png

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Pirate Member
Fuck Noxid, sometimes I wonder if the internet isn't just a big scam ran by some faggot to trick me into believing I'm talking to multiple people while in reality it's just one dude.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Professional Whatever
Yeah FUCK YOU noxid

but like

Haven't we had this conversation before *cough*derp*cough*

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:43 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I think the best solution is to advertise the hell out of this place
minecraft sites, roblox, neopets, deviantart, feralheart the works
Then, when we get a good influx of users, begin a mass-culling system. Only the strongest survive.
This will ensure we get a healthy stock of high-quality new users.

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Noxid said:
don't forget transformice

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Been here way too long...
This is totally unrelated to the thread, but if we could actually get FeralHeart and Transformice ads on the site, that would be fantastic.

edit: I realized that putting Transformice ads on the site might cause people to play Transformice, so I no longer support that. FeralHeart though, still behind that 100%.

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Noxid said:
I think the best solution is to advertise the hell out of this place
Then, when we get a good influx of users, begin a mass-culling system. Only the strongest survive.
This will ensure we get a healthy stock of high-quality new users.
This is a flawless system. We must enact this immediately. Only then can our forum achieve a new age of glorious prosperity.

...oh, and I can give apology cookies to all of the members that get a burn notice! It's double genius!

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Professional Whatever
Inject the apology cookies with mindbreaker toxin, best plan

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Moon said:
We get a "Guest forum" for people that signs up. They can not post in any other places. They have to apply to the moderators to be a "Forum Member".
The problem is that if every new user will post in the guest forum, then why would they leave when everyone else they know on these forums are there? The guest forums will slowly become more important than the main forums and the forum sections would be rendered entirely useless. There's also the fact that not even the more mature new members would even bother to apply to a moderator for permission to post elsewhere.

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Pirate Member
I'll advertise these forums in steroid threads.