Ace Combat 20th Anniversary

May 18, 2015 at 8:41 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Wednesday, May 20th is the 20th Anniversary of the ACE COMBAT series!

For those of you who don't know, Ace Combat is a flight-combat arcade simulator. It's been revolutionizing gaming for years, being one of the earliest videogames to feature 3D polygons in Ace Combat 2 for the PS One, a multiple-branching plotline far ahead of its time in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere, an award-winning soundtrack in both Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies and Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, and one of the new pioneers of the free-to-play realm in the form of Ace Combat Infinity.

Both the two year anniversary of Infinity and the 20th anniversary of Ace Combat are coming up, and Project Aces has an ace up their sleeve! I'm dying to know what they're hiding. A new game? A continued campaign for Infinity?

With the most recent update featuring classic aircraft from Ace Combat 3 and Ace Combat X, one can only GUESS at what they're planning!

Who else is hype?

May 18, 2015 at 10:09 PM
beep boop
Me. I have no idea what all this is, but I plan to google it. Then buy it. This game sounds great.

May 19, 2015 at 1:50 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bionicobot said:
Me. I have no idea what all this is, but I plan to google it. Then buy it. This game sounds great.
The latest installment (which is not my favorite, but is still awesome) is Ace Combat Infinity, which is free-to-play on the PS3.

The most popular games were AC4, AC5, and AC Zero (all three for PS2). The iconic "PS2 Trilogy" as it is called was by far the favorite, following a set of diverse storylines in the fictional setting of Strangereal, an alternative Earth.