A Very Serious Theory About Balrog.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
So lots of you talk about how Balrog is a lunch box / toaster / bar of soap but I have a serious theory of what he is.

We know that Balrog runs at a nice speed. Pretty fair at it. :balrog: Nuuuuu! I'm faster dumbass!

And we know that he could fly at high speeds (at the good ending he seems to speed up)

And he has weapons. Loaded.

So using these, I presume that he was...
A storage robot. That delivers.

:droll: "I don't get it." Well, we know that humans have made robots and stuff. High-tech. And Balrog is big. If we knew if he had a hatch, then I think my theory is flawless. Since we don't know I can't say that.

:droll: "I still don't get it" Ah, sorry. So if he could run on land quickly, and fly at high speeds, he might have been made to store stuff in himself (Now I will say it because there were probably multiple) and then fly or walk to deliver the things. He might have been given a voice and social A.I. so that It would deposit a certain item on command, and to hear what it's next destination is.

:momo: "What about the weapons?" I was getting to that. Since so far I was saying it would store things, it would probably need defence to protect things. There could be firearms, riches and more things that are extremely valuable. :mahin: Maybe even food for Mahin

That concludes my Theory. So in this game, it could be that Misery "Borrowed" the robot (Balrog) has taken that name and now had the type of coding to do whatever the Crown Weilder says.

Thanks for reading.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I like the premise of the idea. Balrog is an interesting character, as he plays a major role in the game, yet little is said of what he is or why he's there or anything. I consider Balrog to be the most mysterious of the lead characters.

Most of the theroy sounds pretty reasonable, though it doesn't really point out why he is connected to the demon crown or with misery.
(Yah you tried to explain in the last few paragraphs, but just reprogrammed by misery to follow the bearer? I can't see that).

He can fly with two scout robots on top of him, so the stamina for carrying objects makes sense, and he also (barely) lifted the boulder of the labyrinth.

It's a pretty good theroy, I didn't expect much at first since we already have a billion other threads debating of what he could be, a carrier seems like a possible option now.

[Also 200th post. What am I still doing here...]

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've been saying that he was a robot for years.

My theory is that he arrived with the rest of the humans that settled on the island before Miakid took over. Same for Malco. I believe that the Cthulthu are the remnants of those people, that they are responsible for most of the technology on the island, and I also believe that Balrog isn't cursed but rather follows Misery.

However I think putting missile launchers on a delivery robot is a bit farfetched.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The theory is not false at all, it could be possible, and I think Barlog is really a robot, like you said in your theory.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Serious and Balrog do not belong in the same sentence, in fact, we'll end up expecting something that's not serious at all with a topic name like that. Still, this is a reasonable theory. What I'm wondering though, is how you reached this idea.

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM
This leaves one question though, why would Misery want a storage robot?

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:01 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Pixel said he's a soap case

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Even though pixel said he was a bar of soap it still seems pretty reasonable, but we'll never know for sure

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
And he also (barely) lifted the boulder of the labyrinth.
I don't think chucking the boulder 20 feet into the air counts as "barely".

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Mr.Mold said:
Even though pixel said he was a bar of soap it still seems pretty reasonable, but we'll never know for sure
His design was based on a bar of soap, that doesn't make him one.

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:59 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I think the weapons could make sense and that it's a brilliant theory! Here's why...

andwhyisit said:
... I think putting missile launchers on a delivery robot is a bit farfetched.
What if he's a military robot, sort of like a walking tank? Quote and Curly were military robots right?
I remember some history show saying that the first tanks were named "tanks" because they were made to transport water safely for the army, and soon someone realized with the amount of weight they can move they're perfect for mounting guns on.

So yeah he could be used for delivery or use the space for ammo.

Also I agree with Bombchu. X3
Bombchu Link said:
I don't think chucking the boulder 20 feet into the air counts as "barely".

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Hiino said:
Pixel said he's a soap case
Not quite correct. Balrog was based on a boss in the beta that was a larger version of a common enemy in same said beta that was "designed after" a bar of soap (not a soap case).

Aug 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
What about a oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, or freezer?

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
curlybrace22702 said:
What about a oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, or freezer?
We have a thread for general what is Balrog theories here. This is for discussing the OP's theory.