A humble request for help.

Oct 13, 2006 at 2:56 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've been here, because (and Im greatly ashamed to admit this) Cave Story had gotten old to me. Luckily, that is over, and I want to get back into my hard mode mod really hard. Unfortunatly there are a few problems.

1) I got myself a 42 hour / week job doing crappy manual labor. Each shift is 12 hours straight so even when I get off work I generaly don't feel like doing anything other then naping. On top of that with much less free time, I try to make the most of the free time I have, spending it with friends and the like.

2) I recenly got a virus and had to reformat, I managed to salvage my most recent version (took a while to find after but meh, got it now) but I lost a text file where I listed all the flags I have added to the game and what they do. Losing this is my biggest concern, and before I add any new flags, I have to somehow make sure that they arn't in use already.

3) It's been so long since I've done this stuff that I'd have to relearn some of the scripting, and things like fixing the boss glitch.

Getting down to the title of this thread, I would like to request help from anyone willing to offer it. If someone could find a way to search through all the scripts and find out every flag that I added would be SOOOO much help that it's not even funny, don't even need to find out what they do, just find em so I don't use duplicates. More so then that someone to help out with scripting would be a great help.

I can't think of anything else right now, but if my game has any fans you can be a big help tward it progressing. Thanks alot.

Oh my name on Aim is SeriousFaceFace I'm online all the time, but Im afk all the time with no idle or away msg. If im there ill repond to you almost instantly, otherwise asume Im far far away.

Oct 13, 2006 at 3:40 PM
"..."
Bah... I suck at scripting now... why is this event crashing my game?

<FL-3333
<CNP0610:0611:0000
<WAI0020
<END

<FL+3333
<CNP0611:0610:0000
<WAI0020
<END

Its on a sprite 46 event 610.
Sigh, it's so frustrating when simple things don't work.

Oct 13, 2006 at 4:27 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well if your AIM suports ICQ you could add me: 333-426-564
omfg i knu my ICQ number without lookin at it - iam a nerd Oo
Well as far as I know it wouldn't work never that way, cuz it will change the sprite to 611 and that will crash the game...

Oct 13, 2006 at 5:51 PM
"..."
Thanks alot, right now Im using a simple solution to that problem, but eventually I'd like to have the events in the H triggers not run all the time. Instead they should run once and go away so you can stand where they were and open the item screen.

Oct 15, 2006 at 9:29 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
<DNP(object number) at the end of the script should do it.

Oct 16, 2006 at 6:26 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Also, give it a flag that'll make it disappear (ie, appear if flag 'x' is not set, forgot how Sue's calls it.) That is, unless you want it to run once everytime the player enters the map - in that case, Upthorn's solution is all you'll need.

Oct 18, 2006 at 1:45 PM
"..."
The thing is i want them to toggle back and forth. So basicaly its just a strip of the map where you can't save on. If you could, you could save at each step, and the shootable blocks would respawn and getting to the top would be an easy process where you have about 4 times. Getting up with out saving requires i think 5 just frame jumps (don't worry this is optional)

Now I think I could use CNP to change the horizontal trigger 46 to nothing. Then change it back when you hit the other ones. I'll try this out here in a second.

EDIT: Worked like a charm.

<FL-3333
<CNP0611:0046:0000
<CNP0610:0000:0000
<END

<FL+3333
<CNP0610:0046:0000
<CNP0611:0000:0000
<END

611 starts out as a horizontal trigger, makes saving impossible, and turns itself into nothing, and activates 610. 610 starts out as nothing, activates saving, turns itself into nothing, and re-activates 611. Sweetness. Now i can easily make it so you can't save in places where it would ruin the puzzle, and if you fall somewhere that is garanteed death.