A few questions

Aug 19, 2009 at 9:57 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Since this is already here, shouldn't I keep using it?

2 issues:

1. When I edit scripts, I get the Erorr writing to file! error. Cave Editor is in a folder RIGHT next to the data folder.

2. The Facepics (<FAC0031 for Chie, <FAC0032 for Kanpachi) show up as blank spaces using this

p80711-0-face.jpg

Yes, I know the doctor has a pencil thin mustache.

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wistil said:
You can add additional faces to the the bottom no problem. I just tested up to 60 and it works just as you'd expect.
WHAT?!
It's as simple as that?
...And up to ...60?
.....Awesome....
PunxsatownyPhil said:
Since this is already here, shouldn't I keep using it?
We'd prefer you'd use the appropriate thread, so other newbies don't see this and get the wrong idea....
But....this is already pretty far along....
Meh, who reads stickies anymore...
:rolleyes:
PunxsatownyPhil said:
1. When I edit scripts, I get the Erorr writing to file! error. Cave Editor is in a folder RIGHT next to the data folder.
{Not remembering any details of how your stuff is set up} Did you uncheck the "Read only" part for the data files? People seem to have some trouble with that...
It shouldn't really matter where the Editor is located, I'm pretty sure it could be on a whole 'nother drive and still work....

PunxsatownyPhil said:
2. The Facepics (<FAC0031 for Chie, <FAC0032 for Kanpachi) show up as blank spaces using this
Well, adding portraits to the whole list is a new thing to me, so I'ma go try some things out and see if I can get the same problem as you.... :D;

EDIT:
So I added 96 pixels in height, enough for two more rows of portraits, and they all worked fine for me...
I can't think of too many things that could be causing your problem, besides simple things, errors caused by brain farts....
Hmmm...
Did the blank spaces push the text over, like there was a blank portrait there...?
Ifso, double check on where you saved that file....

Aug 20, 2009 at 2:44 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I've never had a problem with Cave Editor script editing until now. I mean, I basically have edited everything I needed to except for literally 2 things, and never got that error.

Aug 20, 2009 at 2:52 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Hmm...

Hmm, hold on...
You said earlier you tried adding the pics without extending the file?

Did you do something different with Chie and Kanpachi then with the working edits?
On second thought, are any of the other portraits working right now?

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:47 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
PunxsatownyPhil said:

p80711-0-face.jpg

Yes, I know the doctor has a pencil thin mustache.

I just took a look at the picture you posted and its missing the last row of pixels on the bottom row which may be causing your problem.

Aug 20, 2009 at 2:37 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Thank you! I also had to move his facepic one spot to the right, for some reason. Some of the files WERE read-only, but only a few. I don't know why. So now I'm basically done, but I have one more question:

How do I change the way I hold weapons. The Spur, for Example, is the
Spartan Laser
in my mod, so how do I make it so I carry it over my shoulder like a Missile Launcher instead on like a pistol?

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Art

Data/Arms.PBM
The Spur is the bottom left column, I believe.
If you want to make it go over the shoulder like the Missile Launcher, you'll have to move the sprites.
I'm not sure on the coordinates the game uses to pull out the weapon sprites, so you'll probably have to do a lot of trial and error to get it to look right...
But, since Quote holds the Spur in his hands, you could measure the distance to his shoulder or something and go from there....
Maybe even use the original Missile Launcher as a base....

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:23 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Something you wanna be careful of though, is that even if you move the gun's sprite up, the projectiles will still be fired from the same spot, so it might look like the projectiles are appearing from way below the gun itself.

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM
essentially spirited away for an indefinite time.
"..."
how do i change the hit sound for a boss? i want to make frenzied toroko's hit sound the same as curly's hit sound :/

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:36 PM
Been here way too long...
assembly.
=D

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM
"..."
assembly?

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Aug 21, 2009 at 8:21 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Data/Arms.PBM
The Spur is the bottom left column, I believe.
If you want to make it go over the shoulder like the Missile Launcher, you'll have to move the sprites.
I'm not sure on the coordinates the game uses to pull out the weapon sprites, so you'll probably have to do a lot of trial and error to get it to look right...
But, since Quote holds the Spur in his hands, you could measure the distance to his shoulder or something and go from there....
Maybe even use the original Missile Launcher as a base....

wedge of cheese said:
Something you wanna be careful of though, is that even if you move the gun's sprite up, the projectiles will still be fired from the same spot, so it might look like the projectiles are appearing from way below the gun itself.

Yeah, I had to fix that problem, cheese.

Lowell, I have edited the files all I need, I just thought that there might be some fundamental difference between the Spur and Rocket Launcher holding seen only in ArmsItem.tsc or something. I guess not, but thanks.

Aug 22, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Oops

wedge of cheese said:

Oh yeah, my bad. Completely forgot about that....
But you could just move the projectiles to match it, right?
PunxsatownyPhil said:
Lowell, I have edited the files all I need, I just thought that there might be some fundamental difference between the Spur and Rocket Launcher holding seen only in ArmsItem.tsc or something. I guess not, but thanks.
I guess I missed what you meant....
:p;
Yes, the only difference was how they're placed in the PBM file.

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:41 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Yeah there is some info in the weapon hacking topic about how to move where the weapon graphic appears relative to quote. But, the hitbox for the bullet is always in the same place, so you can either try it and see how well it works, of do a bit of assembly hacking to fix it :D

Aug 22, 2009 at 1:36 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Or can I move the Spur projectile up one pixel in Bullet?

Aug 22, 2009 at 2:47 PM
"..."
VoidMage_Lowell said:

Oh yeah, my bad. Completely forgot about that....
But you could just move the projectiles to match it, right?

I guess I missed what you meant....
:p;
Yes, the only difference was how they're placed in the PBM file.
Hmm, VoidMage_Lowell, you seem to be a good helper, can you help me with this?

how do i change the hit sound for a boss? i want to make frenzied toroko's hit sound the same as curly's hit sound :/

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
PunxsatownyPhil said:
Or can I move the Spur projectile up one pixel in Bullet?
That probably wouldn't be a good idea because you might get it out of it's boundaries, but it might work.

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:14 PM
"..."
LOL! How the hell are you still Junior Member?

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:21 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Junior>Regular.

Yeah, the level 3 Spur shot is bordering the level 3 Bubbler.