A few games I made

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Most of these are not that good, but I recommend playing "The Curse of Lirzanfaro" (in the liberty basic folder), and the shooter.

link

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It was kinda hard to find out controls for most of the games :D
Shooter was rather fun though.
I can't open the other games because there is no exe just a .tkn file :o

Why don't you try to make a bigger project? :p

Well anyway, maybe I post some stuff I made too.

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:10 AM
graters gonna grate
S. P. Gardebiter said:
I can't open the other games because there is no exe just a .tkn file :p

read "how to use runtime engine.txt"

S. P. Gardebiter said:
Why don't you try to make a bigger project? :D

Well, there are a few bigger projects that I'm working on, such as version 2 of the shooter (much more complete/professional/overall better; I'm not even close to finishing it, and the code is already over 3 times as long as the first shooter).

Also, The Wrath of Revorshkenahl (the inspiration for my Cave Story mod), which is my biggest project; won't be finished for a very long time. This is probably the only one of my games that will be commercial quality by the time it's finished (I want to eventually start a video-game business, and have TWoR be the first released game).

There are a few others I'm working on, as well as many, many others that I've starting designing, but have not started programming, either out of laziness, or lack of computer science knowledge.

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:20 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
wedge of cheese said:
I recommend playing "The Curse of Lirzanfaro"
Hey, it's the prequel to TWoR! Or not...
Either way, this one's simplistic, yet fun. In a way, it seems like a 2D version of WildTangent's game, FATE, only without a different dungeon layout for each character profile at the beginning of each game.

Despite starting with 500 gold, I may need to grind for experience using those rats in the combat training area. Those Lv. 5 & 6 monsters in the 1st dungeon really softened up Noa & Feena, and they even have some rather decent starting equipment & stats...

(And, just for laughs, I went & got owned by the Lv. 16 blue dragon upon starting another new character, Tripfall Gary! I would hate to accidentally trigger this battle after experience grinding for about 30 minutes without saving...)
S. P. Gardebiter said:
It was kinda hard to find out controls for most of the games :D
Indeed. I kept failing in On the Run with a minimum score of 255 each time.
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Shooter was rather fun though.
So true. It was rather fast paced (Though there was a bit of slowdown whenever the level display would pop up) & really fun, despite how cheap most of the enemy ships were by constantly streaming shots at the player ship, especially...
Those little blue ones around Level 7.
EDIT: Despite that, I survived with around 20 health left, with a rather low score of 2260.

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:10 PM
graters gonna grate
Actually, 2260 is a pretty good score; more than I usually end up with (I usually get somewhere around 1900-2000).

About the controls, for on the run you use only mouse clicking (hold to charge, release to jump; the more charge, the higher you jump). For the flight simulator, mouse click to accelerate, arrows to steer (and yes I realize the physics for the flight simulator are absolute shit). For rocket run, arrows to steer, you accelerate constantly as if you had rockets strapped to you (hence the name rocket run). For ball revamped, arrow keys.

Another interesing thing about the flight simulator is that you can edit the airplane model by editing "airplane.apnd". Each line of "code" is a triangle (unless starting with an apostraphe, which comments it out). I don't remember the exact format (it's been a long time since I looked at the code), but I do remember that the coordinates of each vertex of each triangle must be an integer from 000-999 (with the point (500,500,500) being the center of the model), and that the end of each line of code specifies either the RGB color of the triangle, or a bitmap file to texture the triangle with (jpg, png, and tif should also work).

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:01 AM
Well, I just got done defeating the Air Wizard in the 1st dungeon of TCoL. That sucker was spamming the Disable spell so much, I was unable to move and gradually got torn apart by the Tornado spells that were invoked. In the end, I had to use something cheaper than that (The Stun spell) & hack away at the wizard with my Bronze Sword & Iron Knife until I won, only to think, "How do YOU feel when you get cheated out like that, huh?!"

Here's a somewhat rushed picture showing why the Blue Dragon should never be fought so early on- http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff238/Bad_Beholder/TCoLBlueDragonOwns821x761.png

Also, I appreciate it for telling me the controls on those other games. I couldn't really steer the rocket all that well on the default speed of 5, though...

Feb 9, 2009 at 2:44 AM
Glad to see you liked that. It's a nice little derivation from my usual spambot mockups...

Anyway, guess what? My save file is in the attachment below, in case you'd like to check it out, as well.

Some of those permatrap rooms from dungeons 3 to 5 were kind of irritating to get stuck in, though, especially the ones in 4, but they're not too much of a pain... Good thing I have my own little Mental Map (FATE reference) ability to help me keep track of where I should move in the grid-like areas!

Attachments

• TCoLsavB.zip
    208 bytes · Views: 37