60 second timer...

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:25 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
I don't mind it too much, actually, I'd rather have to click a button, than wait 2 minutes for each post.

Compromise IS the name of the game.

EDIT: RAWR. 1st post outside of the cave story forums. (nothing to celebrate, move along, nothing to see here :()

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:28 AM
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's not a big deal, I just want to know why it's there. I'm guessing it's to stop spambots. I doubt it will work very well.

Aug 26, 2009 at 1:54 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
THEY SHOULD LISTEN TO US MORE.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:12 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
We haven't had spambot problems recently, so I don't know why all these measures against them are being added. I'm starting to think it's just to piss us off.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:15 AM
sps trying to fix it.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:22 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I hope so.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:41 AM
Yakkers said:
We haven't had spambot problems recently, so I don't know why all these measures against them are being added. I'm starting to think it's just to piss us off.
You mean all those users advertising WoW gold and iPhone apps were real people?

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:19 AM
eh?
i never saw any of those.
and I'm on here, a lot.

anyways, shoko said that the button doesn't slow spam-bots.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:32 AM
So, is there a reason for it or is it just there to annoy us?

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:52 AM
"..."
I think it's for annoyance, but it doen't seem to be that big of a deal, at least to me...

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:41 AM
seriously, what is the point of the buttony thing.
and the ten world limit, wtp?

maybe you want more intelligent posts or something else like that, but if that's your purpose, you obviously don't know these forums. we're gong to be as goddamned smart or idiotic as we want, and there's not a thing you can do to stop it.

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:15 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
lace said:
we're gong to be as goddamned smart or idiotic as we want, and there's not a thing you can do to stop it.
OH SNAP THEY'RE MAD, HIT THE FREAKING DECK

Also who are "we" and for that matter who are you to claim knowledge of what these forums are meant to be like?

Sep 11, 2009 at 6:22 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Lace said:
seriously, what is the point of the buttony thing.
and the ten world limit, wtp?

maybe you want more intelligent posts or something else like that, but if that's your purpose, you obviously don't know these forums. we're gong to be as goddamned smart or idiotic as we want, and there's not a thing you can do to stop it.

Eh, I DO think that more intelligent posts might improve teh forums a bit. That being said, putting a timer on is definitely NOT going to make that happen. Pissing people off is generally not the best way to make them act more intelligent.

EDIT: 700 posts rawr (does that mean they count posts in this forum? I thought it only counted posts in the CS forums, not that I'm complaining mind you :p)

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:20 PM
everythin counts but the satellite lounge and any stuffs in it.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:44 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Sep 15, 2009 at 3:24 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
wedge of cheese said:
Pissing people off is generally not the best way to make them act more intelligent.
It's not about pissing people off, it's about them getting pissed off for no good reason. If you guys complain about every little inconvenience then there's no way to tell which are the important ones and which aren't.

Sep 15, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Pissing people off is generally not the best way to make them act more intelligent.

It's not about pissing people off, it's about them getting pissed off for no good reason. If you guys complain about every little inconvenience then there's no way to tell which are the important ones and which aren't.

While it was a good attempt at intelligent conversation, the desired effect was reversed. There have not been that many intelligent posts as a result of this. In fact, many of them got even more ridiculous to get there point across. Having to wait a minute is tiresome, especially when you try and get a (mostly) intelligent conversation going. The strength of conversation is lost very quickly over a 1 minute period.

I admit, I have yet to see any spambots as a result of this, so it did succeed in that aspect. However, wouldn't a 30 second rule be almost as effective?

Just my 2 cents.

Sep 15, 2009 at 9:39 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Cyowolf1122 said:
While it was a good attempt at intelligent conversation, the desired effect was reversed. There have not been that many intelligent posts as a result of this. In fact, many of them got even more ridiculous to get there point across. Having to wait a minute is tiresome, especially when you try and get a (mostly) intelligent conversation going. The strength of conversation is lost very quickly over a 1 minute period.

I admit, I have yet to see any spambots as a result of this, so it did succeed in that aspect. However, wouldn't a 30 second rule be almost as effective?

Just my 2 cents.

Quoted for truth.

And I would not object to a 30 second rule at all or even a 40 second rule. And besides, don't we have those messed up words that only humans can read to block spambots?

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:07 AM
We got a spambot almost directly after the timer was reset to 60 seconds and the stupid Quick Reply button thing was enabled. SUPEREFFECTIVE!
And Cheese, do you want to fill out a Captcha form every time you post?