:"{

is this true that the story is the thing?

• yes it makes perfect sense

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • i respectfully disagree but you're probably correct

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • chinfish says its true so it must be correct

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • i'm not sure

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Feb 9, 2018 at 2:51 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
i have a theory so you know how the main characters are quote curly brace and i think the other mimigas are either the korons or colons but for this ill call them the colons
so a colon a quote and a curly brace are all characters so when you type them you make a

:"{
its a sad crying face

but at the end the curly brace changes because its the ending curly brace so its a }
and now its a :"}
so its a smiling tears of joy face

so that means that the characters were sad but now they happy

does anyone else think this is true?
this is just an idea or a theory so maybe its saying even when your keyboard is looking sad you and your keyboard will eventually be happy in the end even though you may have to beat a bunch of problems to get to it

:chin: <--- the chinfish says its true

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:37 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
goosebumps, man. I think you're really on to something.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Well that is a double quote you posted, not a quote, but I digress. The reason is because all three characters are used commonly in c-syntax. It is a programming reference.

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:04 AM
Based Member
I'm gonna have to dismiss this theory. The symbolism behind those keyboard characters is actually much more complicated, and your use of those characters is incorrect. Since quote marks and curly braces are always used in pairs, you need proper symmetry, and since there are four colon children, there should be four sets of colons, so the actual character representation would look like this: {"::::"}

From this set of characters, we can clearly identify a picture representation of a woman's womb which contains some eggs and also some polar bodies, and some sperms coming to meet those eggs. For those of you who aren't aware, Pixel was really into biology, and in his games he loves to make allegories to how cellular reproduction works in the body. In this case, he is making an allegory to the stages of the game in which the limited and weak Polar Star gets upgraded to the Spur, and using a play on words in this picture with Polar Bodies and Sperms.

In the female body, when cells reproduce via a sexual form of reproduction known as meiosis, the offspring are 4 cells, one of which is an egg, and the three others are known as Polar Bodies. Polar bodies are much smaller, and have little to no functionality as far as we presently know. As anyone who has played Cave Story knows, the Polar Star is regarded as incomplete, and not at its full potential. This is much the case with Polar Bodies. Polar Bodies, Polar Star? I'd be surprised if you didn't see the connection.

When this sexual cellular reproduction method meiosis takes place in a male body, the four offspring cells are Sperms. All four of the produced sperms are fully functional, and can move around as opposed to the Polar Bodies produced in a female. Polar Bodies not only have less functionality than Sperms, but are produced in females as opposed to males who, of course, are physically stronger than females and historically are seen as the head of a household. Sperm, Spur? I'd be surprised if you didn't see the connection. This fact that Sperms are more functional than Polar Bodies is a clear allegory to the Spur being more powerful than the Polar Star, and the fact that an upgrade takes place.

I hope that those of you who've been around longer than 6 years got a good laugh out of this post.

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:10 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Nice theory man but the order makes no sense. It should be "{:, the order in which you meet the characters.
Consider the following:
p362274-0-unknown.png
(Drawn by cultr1, follow him on FA)

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:12 AM
War criminal
Ah, Gay Spaghetti Chef. You always come through for me.

Feb 9, 2018 at 5:48 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'm gonna have to dismiss this theory. The symbolism behind those keyboard characters is actually much more complicated, and your use of those characters is incorrect. Since quote marks and curly braces are always used in pairs, you need proper symmetry, and since there are four colon children, there should be four sets of colons, so the actual character representation would look like this: {"::::"}

From this set of characters, we can clearly identify a picture representation of a woman's womb which contains some eggs and also some polar bodies, and some sperms coming to meet those eggs. For those of you who aren't aware, Pixel was really into biology, and in his games he loves to make allegories to how cellular reproduction works in the body. In this case, he is making an allegory to the stages of the game in which the limited and weak Polar Star gets upgraded to the Spur, and using a play on words in this picture with Polar Bodies and Sperms.

In the female body, when cells reproduce via a sexual form of reproduction known as meiosis, the offspring are 4 cells, one of which is an egg, and the three others are known as Polar Bodies. Polar bodies are much smaller, and have little to no functionality as far as we presently know. As anyone who has played Cave Story knows, the Polar Star is regarded as incomplete, and not at its full potential. This is much the case with Polar Bodies. Polar Bodies, Polar Star? I'd be surprised if you didn't see the connection.

When this sexual cellular reproduction method meiosis takes place in a male body, the four offspring cells are Sperms. All four of the produced sperms are fully functional, and can move around as opposed to the Polar Bodies produced in a female. Polar Bodies not only have less functionality than Sperms, but are produced in females as opposed to males who, of course, are physically stronger than females and historically are seen as the head of a household. Sperm, Spur? I'd be surprised if you didn't see the connection. This fact that Sperms are more functional than Polar Bodies is a clear allegory to the Spur being more powerful than the Polar Star, and the fact that an upgrade takes place.

I hope that those of you who've been around longer than 6 years got a good laugh out of this post.
thats too much thinking i just wanna blast critter thingys with the spur not have it be all complciated biolologies and stuff

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:17 PM
Based Member
thats too much thinking i just wanna blast critter thingys with the spur not have it be all complciated biolologies and stuff
You certainly don't have to understand all the little intricacies to it, it's just beneficial to understand that they exist.

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:27 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
You certainly don't have to understand all the little intricacies to it, it's just beneficial to understand that they exist.
*takes middle school level biology once*

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:29 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I personally chose "It makes perfect sense," and I do think that it is a reasonable theory. But... it is a little bit of a stretch...

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:25 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

Well it also doesn't help that Quote's "skin" color is pretty much the same color that the original Spur's sprite is