Escher Lochran

Profile posts Postings About

• I recently, and by recently I am to say a time of about ten minutes past, I remembered WTF Story from a nostalgic whim, and decided to try it once again. It is very much a different creature from the feeling I aim for. But a similarity can be drawn in "Oh, it's hard I guess". I will keep this in mind, and keep my differences.
    Serri
    Serri
    WTF Story was very fun to play, ngl. Despite really showing its age, it still holds up compared to similar mods (Rave Story, Video Game).
    As much as I would love for there to be more WTF, GIR definitely moved on to gamedev at a right time.
    Escher Lochran
    Escher Lochran
    I hold it quite fondly to myself, as it was a marker of my childhood. It is of solid design.
    I would like to place a quote from a conversation I had with Flake here, for your viewing.:
    Escher Lochran
    Escher Lochran
    This was spoken by myself.
    It is the conflict of audience freedom, and artistic vision. The artist creates their vision, but the audience is the one whom it is for. The artist creates for the audience.
    Flake
    Flake
    Deep.
    Serri
    Serri
    Bruhv
    To any whom may be interested,
    I must expressed my sight and vision for what combat is, regarding my project, "Ascend.". In the original work by Pixel, common enemies pose no real risk to the player if they have done their diligences, which I believe is taken for granted; being some such thing that is oft not pondered. This grants empowerment to the audience.
    Escher Lochran
    Escher Lochran
    Dixel, perhaps it would be best if I clarify the extravagance of my word choice. It is not challenge for challenge's sake, neither is it without consideration of pacing. I continuously work on the balance of combat, so that encounters are challenging enough to be meaningful, but no more challenging than that.
    Escher Lochran
    Escher Lochran
    I have been thankfully and graciously informed of my habit towards the extreme, and so I am attempting to achieve a challenge barely high enough to satisfy my vision, but no higher. Thank you for your words however; I will keep them in mind.
    Escher Lochran
    Escher Lochran
    And, if "Super Mario Maker" has taught me a single thing, it is that you must be careful as to not use too many enemies. Lest you become an absolute prick and stick-sniffer.
    For reasons of personal nature, I shall be placing a labyrinth directly after a parkour spike pit.
    If you would like to save, perish at my hands. Or, enable the drug-addicted time-traveling ghost, know as "additional save locations".
    It is my supposition that I might use this feed of text to catalog my development of my own projects. Here I will discuss updates on my singular project, Ascend.
    Escher Lochran
    Escher Lochran
    I speak the way in which I do because it makes me who I want to be. It is something I can seize control of, and change, screaming to God that I have choice over who I am.
    Mint
    Mint
    Oh my bad, I wasn't very clear on what I meant. I wasn't expressing curiousity in the way of talking but rather on how it made me curious towards the project.
    Escher Lochran
    Escher Lochran
    Dearest Mint,
    Let it be known that I understood your intents, and that I am pleased that your are intrigued by my project.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…