HaydenStudios
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Hi, Hayden! Can I make a sequel mod based off your 4th ending mod?
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Hey, sorry for my late response! You are more than welcome to make a mod that serves as a sequel to my 4th ending. GunBladeMaster34 started on a mod like that 7 1/2 years ago, but it never came to fruition.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Also haha, I'm quite amused that you would go to the trouble to petition for my mod to be made cannon, but I'm doubtful that that's going to do much to influence NICALiS. I really appreciate the gesture though. It makes me happy to see my mod affecting people even 8 years later.
    Serri
    Serri
    Really? Right in front of my salad?
    Flake
    Flake
    Thank you but I like my lore without extra sauce.
    AlmaHexie
    AlmaHexie
    I like my stories where everyone dies oh nvmind that already exist
    hey, Hayden. im found something in your Fourth Ending port to CS+. there is bad images. there is "Face.bmp; ItemImage.bmp; creditXX.bmp; casts.bmp"; NPC folder images and Stage folder images. what is this?
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Did you open the port up in Plus Porter and apply it?
    CGML
    CGML
    yes
    CGML
    CGML
    im applied port again, everything is okay
    Did anyone ever catch the fact that my fourth ending video tries to make it look like windsofwinds is an admin on these forums at 12 minutes in?
    of course it'd be you who remembered the entire polar body thing
    i expected nothing less of you
    great job ;^;
    Hey Hayden what's up? How's life treating you? Are you going to mod anymore sometime in the future or are you enjoying just watching the people around here stroll by, meet, and greet?
    BLink
    BLink
    Things have been pretty great so far, I'm finally living on my own and am working a full time job! I'm currently spending most of my free time doing some CS modding and creating some more useful asm hacks that everyone could use in mods. (Such as a fully functional money hack from CS beta and some snow in the foreground not at all dissimilar to how it is in WTF story.) I've been working with Thomas Xin as well as Bubbler on a new version of CS (called Chocolate CS) that has all the elements of vanilla as well as some new tile types, a lot of new TSC commands (including the ones in Noxid's original TSC+) And moving every singe entity to a single bitmap (because apparently bullet.bmp can expand infinitely downwards) This along with many other misc functions such as an improved random number generator, up to 0x1000 entities on a single map (compared to 0x200) options for animated facepics ect ect ect. Oh yeah also the graphics are getting a boost to 3X the original size!

Other than that I've just been running the Cave Story Modding Community Discord with Kiseff/Ralren and Enlight. We've been having these monthly-ish events where we get together for 5 hours and mod The first one was a lot of fun and we even got some people back into modding because of it. The second one is going to happen on the 18th of November if you have 5 or 6 hours to spare then lol.

As for your Cave Story Machinima idea, I've certainly been thinking about something along those lines the past few months but I agree it would take far too much effort at the current time with our resources to achieve anything worthwhile sadly.

Also I do plan on picking up Sue's Story again! Finally after 4 years of sitting on the shelf I think I will be able to finish it now that DoR3 is off the table and I'm wrapping up some other mini projects and Chocolate. Every so often somebody drifts buy and mentions Sue's Story and how it was one of their first mods or so and that it was great. It really makes me want to resurrect it and make it better now that I'm uhh... a little more experienced on how good game design works lol.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Hey, that's awesome! What kind of job are you working? That's great that you're still able to stay in the modding arena while having a full-time job, very few people survive that transition. Sorry to hear about all the drama that surrounded DoR3, it's a shame that all that work went to waste. Cave Story Chocolate sounds awesome, and good luck continuing with Sue's Story. I didn't think it was amazing, but it had a decent charm to it that I enjoyed; I'd be interested to see your take on it now that you have much more modding experience. I'm afraid that I almost definitely won't be able to participate in your little modding marathon on November 18th, but I hope you all have a wonderful time.
    BLink
    BLink
    I'm currently working in construction; I've built 3 fourplexes with one other person and also roof houses. It's not easy work though and with all the bodily toil I need to look for another job to be quite honest.

Everything that happened about DoR3 was my fault. I trusted someone before I knew who they were and unless things are written in stone; what's said one day is gone the next, doesn't matter how much time or effort is poured into it and/or how much you bank on something. I was foolish to think anything else.

As for the rest yeah I'm just always staying busy; never a dull moment in my life really. Places to go, things to do, and a community to support!
    I restored your sig. Photobucket is being a major pita right now.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Many thanks, I was eventually going to get around to fixing it, but you helped make my headache at least a little bit less painful.
    andwhyisit
    andwhyisit
    It happened to me as well. I ended up changing image urls in posts from 5 different communities that I have posted within in the last decade. I am talking about hundreds of images here. Not fun.
    Hiya Hayden, its been quite awhile! It's thomasco2013, I just got my username changed but I thought I should say hi seeing you online. Hope you're doing well and all!
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Hey Thomas! Thanks for checking in, and I'm doing very well! I haven't really dedicated much time to Cave Story lately, but I still check these forums daily and post when I have something to say!
    rixis19
    rixis19
    You're welcome! I'm so glad you're doing very well! And nor have I, I participate in the Discord server and that's really about it though! But nice to see you're around occasionally! I'll have to hit you up more, it's truly been too long, I meant to do this for awhile but life gets in the way haha.
    Hey man, I just recently bought Cave Story+ on steam and it was fantastic! I discovered your 4th ending mod, which i successfully installed in the game with plus-porter 1.1.0.1 and am currently playing that mod as we speak.:) While going over the challenges that were unlocked when beating the normal game with the 3rd ending however, it seems as i tried to open the blood-stained sanutuary time attack tab from the challenges menu, it took me to the level alright, except my character dissappared entirely, showed the drowning counter about 20 sec later then died to restart to the menu all over again. It's weird because once i uninstalled the game and reinstalled without your mod, the time attack for sanctuary worked without the appearance of the disappearing/drowning bug and could play it normally. My question to you is has this bug ever happen to you or to anyone while playing that challenge mode without the 4th ending mod or is it just me? Thanks again for your awesome mod and cannot wait for more mods from you in the future. :)
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Hey, thanks! I'm glad you've enjoyed my mod so much! Unfortunately, I can't replicate your issue because I'm running one of the older HIB versions where Sanctuary Time Attack was even more broken. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I guess the best solution would be to have two separate installations of CS+: one that you don't mess with, and another that you install mods in.
    B
    Bigmoney1
    Cool, i'll do that. I don't believe that i know the steps to creating another separate installation besides just a normal installation from steam. I actually figured out that you can toggle which challenge modes you want on the mini challenge screen from plus-porter( apparently adding an extra mode, like 4th ending, would total the amount of 6 instead of 5, so the game i think would bug because of too many modes on the mini challenge mode screen). You might have heard about this glitch but i accendantly came across the glitch where you can play the challenge modes as Curly instead of quote.:) Thanks for the fast reply. I appraciate you giving your time to help us with bugs and all while juggling with college and work. Thanks again!!
    Hard to believe it's been 5 years since I joined. I've certainly had an adventure throughout all my ups and downs here. My activity has noticably been fading lately... We'll have to see if I can still reach 2000 posts, release that other project I want to share, and if I'll still be active here when I graduate college.
    After nearly 5 years, Mediafire and I are so done. Honestly I can't believe that I stuck around with that jerk for so long.
    q3hardcore
    q3hardcore
    I've had issues with links being blocked due to excessive traffic with both Dropbox and Mediafire. What else could I try?
    CaveStoryKing64
    CaveStoryKing64
    I personally use mega.nz. I don't like Mediafire either, and how it tries to install extra stuff and all of the pop-ups and everything. In my opinion, however, dropbox is much worse. I don't like their shady business tactics, there mere 2 gigs of free storage, overpriced subscriptions, and it seems like they have a new security issue or credential leak every month. There are much more issues than these, some of which others have commented.
    CaveStoryKing64
    CaveStoryKing64
    Also, the thing about the false copyright infringement strike thing, that will happen with ANY cloud provider. They literally have bots that scour the internet and look for links like this, so if you link gets popular, expect it to be taken down. It's annoying as hell.
    Hey do you think you could fix the download to the fourth ending mod? You said to remind you to do that if you hadn't in a few weeks, and it's a little over a month, now.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Hello! Sorry for not getting around to it sooner, I have now updated the download link. Thanks for showing interest in my mod.
    Happy birthday!
    Lamron
    Lamron
    yeah...happy birthday!
    Serri
    Serri
    Happy birthday, Hayden!
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Oh hey thanks guys! Wow, I've really not been paying as much attention here as I used to, I only just now checked this site for the first time today.
    So, what if I wanted to tell you something about Cave Story Fourth Ending, would I post on the topic for it? The last post is over 6 months old, and thus mine would be considered a bump, and I just don't want to cause problems with that. What do you think?
    UnholyPens
    UnholyPens
    Ah, okay, thanks. I'll make sure to keep that in mind.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Indeed, as long as you're not responding to some specific post someone made over 6 months ago, and the post is relevant to the original topic, then a bump is perfectly acceptable.
    UnholyPens
    UnholyPens
    Again, thanks. I'll let you know if there's something about it that i notice, like story, character, etc., just to give my thoughts.
    Hi there. Sorry to bother you, but could you help me with porting a mod to CS+? Yes, I've read readme but still can't figure it out. The mod is called Curly's Past (CP).
    http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/curlys-past.3917/
    I remember I managed to do it somehow manualy many years ago, but I lost the copy unfortunately. And now I can't remember how - even with Plus Porter 1.1.0.1. It tells me that there are over 95 maps. But most of those maps are actually original Cave Story maps - maps I need are starting only from number 95. And if I ignore the error CS+ starts the mod from the first CS map - not CP's. And what is more ridiculous - it's pitch black out there. If I manage to get to the door - the game crashes.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Hey, sorry for the delay in responding.

Ah yes, Curly's Past. In order to make your mod compatible, you really need to make sure the mod doesn't go over the map limit, or else there will be issues with transporting to maps greater than map #094. I'm guessing the game crashes because you're trying to transport to a map higher than that. To remove unnecessary maps, use the map deleting function in Booster's Lab, and all the map numbers and <TRA commands will automatically be adjusted for you.

As for winding up in the wrong room at the beginning, CS+ automatically starts you in map 013 with event 0200 like in the original game. Plus Porter should automatically fix this for you if you're using the auto-port feature, but maybe it doesn't do this if there's some sort of error with the maps. In any case, to manually fix this, you'll need to edit event 0200 in map 013's script so that it will transport you to the desired room with the desired event the first time that a new game is started. And if event 0200 from map 013 is already in use by the mod, you'll need to add a flag jump to make sure the proper event occurs every subsequent time that event is executed.

Hope this helps.
    S
    Sergiy89
    Thanks! Will try that!
    S
    Sergiy89
    Quick update:
    Got a little confused - after I delete even one unused CS map, CP (not the port - from original .exe) refuses to open the mod from it's start and opens random map for some reason. Gotta look through those scripts, I guess.....
    Hey, I decided that I'd ask you here rather on the forum topic for it, mainly because I'm not a big forum user on any site, so I'm not sure how bumps work at all.

Anyways, my question is if you are aware that the download for the Cave Story fourth ending for the Windows non-plus version has been taken down on MediaFire? It's a mod I've been anticipating to play for a while, and that really bummed me out, because I don't own Plus yet.
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    Oh dear! Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I could have sworn that I already dealt with this already, but it looks like that wasn't the case. I'll try and get this resolved.
    UnholyPens
    UnholyPens
    Ah, no problem. I hope to see the download back up and working soon!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…