Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
I think it's one the best games I've ever played.

I'm not really allowed to definitevely say that yet since I haven't even completed my first playthrough yet (despite being 81 hours in atm, damn they weren't lying about the length and having multiple campaigns), but I did not get into it expecting to get knocked sideways and infatuated with the gameplay alone.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Disregarding the exceptional characters and story, just the loop of "instructing" your units and figuring out which skills to emphasize throughout the course of the game, so that by the end you can obtain a class tailored to each one, to find each one's niche based on strengths and weaknesses...
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
...ultimately rewarding you with an unstoppable force for putting the time, thought, effort and care into the students, while at the same time giving you the options to breeze through it and automate almost any aspect you don't happen to enjoy doing (essentially giving you all the options for how you wish to experience the game)... It honestly feels like this game was made for me. It's a drug.
RageRuner
RageRuner
yeah
I cant really tell if the strategy aspect was good
because I played it as a turn-based rpg and grinded exp until I was 6 levels above recommended (granted I'm doing it the right way on my second playthrough)
but the story was fun
and characters individual stories were good too
RageRuner
RageRuner
I personally just leveled up their skills that they wanted,
but I decided to make bow classes tanks to "customize" a little
I hear the relationship aspect is a split in the community being hated and loved
RageRuner
RageRuner
but I personally loved it, it gave more character to, well, the characters