King (2.0)
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Status: Close to getting Gun v1 released (just need to deal with one last bug and then test the game again). It's simply a matter of how to distribute my mod that concerns me.
    Suote
    Suote
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    Thank you for your help, it greatly reduces any potential anxieties over releasing my mod. (I just need to get that last bug sorted out).
    Status: Forcefields now work as intended as does access to Level 4's Boss Rematch Door. Yes, that's right: after you defeat a boss, you can access a door which takes you straight to the boss so you can refight them.
    Status: Thanks to everyone's help in the Mod Loader thread, implementation of music is now a resounding success. Now I've the final boss to face: script checking.
    So yeah, I've got to check that the scripts work as intended before I can release Gun v1 to you all.
    Status: Graphical changes are done (i.e the spike graphics for the first 3 levels). Now it's a matter of finishing the script (i.e the game functioning correctly if you return to the hub using a teleporter, the barriers disappearing when War Machine is defeated) and figuring out how to implement music via the Mod Loader.
    I've returned. All I need to do for Gun is get minor graphic changes done, check the teleporter/barrier scripts work as intended and get the music implemented in (I'm now using Clownancy's Mod Loader for that). After that, it's a matter of releasing the mod itself.
    Flake
    Flake
    Great, I can't wait.
    Still working on Gun, though I've changed my mind about the ORGs. I think I've bitten off more than I chew with composition so I'll come back to those later. As such, finishing Gun v1 takes higher priority. Starting from next week, I'll be taking the week off so I can clear my mind.
    Status: The bonus area in Gun is now finished. All I've got to do now is polish up the mod and (perhaps) make some ORGs for the mod. Hopefully I'll be able to release Gun v1 soon.
    Regarding Cave Story +, I finally conquered the Wind Fortress yesterday. Now I might try and finish the Boss Rush mode.
    Regarding Gun's custom tracks, here's the list of tracks I'll need:
    Positive Force [VVVVVV]
    Pressure Cooker [VVVVVV]
    Hyper Zone 1 [Kirby's Dreamland 3]
    Vs Rudy the Clown [Wario Land 3]
    Vs Rudy the Clown- Angry [Wario Land 3]
    Hyper Zone 2 [Kirby's Dreamland 3]
    If anyone has one of these tracks, please send the ORG file and I will credit you. Regardless of the outcome, I will still try to compose some tracks myself.
    Mint
    Mint
    Ah, finally someone that also appreciates WL3.
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    I remembered it from Sonic: Cybernetic Outbreak where WL3's Final Boss Theme was used for Mecha Sonic's second form. (No luck on finding the MIDIs for Rudy's themes, though Positive Force is currently a work in progress)
    All three phases of War Machine function properly as does the scripted event after. I've still got to test out the bonus area (and it's boss) and polish up the game before release. I also want to add custom ORGs, but I'm not sure if delaying the mod for that would a good idea.
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    It's name is a reference to this lyric: "the war machine, it springs to life, Opens up one eager eye.". And regarding the music, it'll will take time because I'm inexperienced at composing music (hell, I'm learning music theory. I'll write a list and if possible, see if anyone would be willing to let me borrow their Organya compositions.
    So I've heard that you could add entities to boss fights (e,g Entity 0369 speeds up bosses) in order to change how they work. I do wonder though, how do I implement them into my mod without causing any scripting problems?
    So all 3 phases of War Machine are functional now. I'll continue testing it out while I polish up the mod before release. Aside from that, there's also some areas you can access once you defeat War Machine, one of which is far more difficult than the main game.
    B͘l̻͇̲͉̙͂ͪ͋̀ͪö́̏̄͝o̸m̖̹̝̱͜p͖͇̳o̤̦͔̮̘̰̭ͫͬ͗ͣ̂̿̀c̪̦̪͋̑ͨa̱͎̱ͭ̃̚l̈̿̿̃ͪͮ̍y͎̣͉p̲̠s͍̱͙e͒ͪ̍͛ͩ͏_̂ͨͪͧ̃̒m̫̣̤͇̩̰̎ͨͭ̅͆͑p̱͇͓͓ͩ͗̈́̃4 is corrupted. Would you like to open it anyway?
    >Yes No Delete
    So regarding War Machine: I've defeated the first 2 phases but will need to defeat the third one before I can consider it done.
    Just so you know, all bosses in Gun have 3 phases, which will be achieved through scripting tricks. This of course won't apply to the 3 secret bosses.
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    This is true if she lived in Britain, but false if she lived in South Africa along with Kim and Shane. If it's the former, that doesn't explain why Shane/Kim/Ellen were absent for 2 years, but makes far more sense if it's the latter.
    In other words, this whole Bloompocalypse thing doesn't add up and is based off an old computing myth.
    Brayconn
    Brayconn
    No comment on the other story inconsistencies, but the article makes it clear that *fridge magnets* aren't going to affect your tech (which, yeah, no duh, those things barely stick to the fridge as is :p), but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Bloom was able to use Rare Earth Magnets to do *some* damage. Heck, maybe she was able to find an old VHS Tape Eraser, those things can be even larger/stronger iirc.
    andwhyisit
    andwhyisit
    Magnets reportedly can damage CRT screens and tape/film based storage. Make sure you upgrade from floppy drives and tape drives to other storage mediums and trade your CRT in for LCD. I know it is a tall ask, but do this and your computer will be magnet safe. ;P
    Update: I finally got the War Machine fight to work. All I had to do was move the player near War Machine's spawn location and use 2 H/V triggers: one for the pre-boss dialogue and one for the actual fight itself. All I need to do is continue testing the fight and make changes as I go along.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…