Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

King (2.0)
King (2.0)
It's so nice to see you back and I hope your week off was great. Did you have any special plans for LS's fifth anniversary?
Mint
Mint
It's still among my fave Cave Story mods, but to think it has been so long already...
Cibryll
Cibryll
No major plans, yet.
I did, however, think about the side-project starring the Tirahnys president.
The areas are all decided.
"Apocalyptic Shadow" is still on hold, though.

What do you like about LS?
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
So is this side project Lunar Shadow Memories or a different mod entirely? And I hope that Apocalyptic Shadow doesn't get cancelled, considering how much you've been building it up the past year or so.

As for what I like about the mod: Music choices/Warp Doors/Quality of Life Improvements/Lore/Grialdyn, Ataraxis, Sycor II, Shori boss fights/the whole Valkyrie X plotline.
Mint
Mint
I probably need to play it again to remember what drawed me in so well.
Cibryll
Cibryll
Alright.

King - nope, something different.
Priority-wise, AS first, UL (its acronym) second.
Once I have ideas for AS floor 24 enemies, I'll work on that again. Maybe Fantôme's kids could appear, I dunno.

UL will have the Sea Zone, and it'll be more than one map this time. No Cheriza boss there, though.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
I figured it'd be it's own thing. Maybe it'll come bundled with Apocalyptic Shadow? As for AS's Floor 24, maybe use the same enemies as the first few Fantome floors?
Sea Zone? Does that mean you'll eventually update LS's Sea Zone? It could really use some improvements.

Also I'm guessing that UL's plot involves Illina destroying Kim Ethnarch's computer with a magnet (though magnets can't destroy computers)?
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
I remember LS like the Symphony of the Night of Cave Story mods. A large castle metroidvania with its own expansive, interesting lore, and with multiple ways to play through. There was even some customization (outfits)! And the level design, secrets, boss fights, characters... quite a good memory. (I can't recall the music though... will need to replay! I do however remember a jukebox room...)
Cibryll
Cibryll
King - UL's plot has its own plot twists, taking place in January 2020 (so Ethnarch won't be there), and it all takes place in the "Nihil Server" - make of that what you will.
And LS Sea Zone won't be updated; if I add one more map to LS, the entire game breaks.
:/

X-Calibar - funny you should mention SotN; its version of the "Bloody Tears" theme is the one I like most :o
Cibryll
Cibryll
The UL areas are: Origin Cave; Sunset Hills; Sea Zone; Castle Oblivion (not the KH one, if anyone was wondering); Sky Labyrinth; Virtual Nostalgia (probably going to have 8-bit tilesets?); Top Floor; Forgotten Inferno; The Hub.

The main bosses are "Maledicts". The secret, final Maledict is named "Serenade".
The maps for Sector 1 (Origin Cave) is finished, too. Just have to add enemies like bats and critters...
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
So UL (what's the actual title) will be canonical as Selenic Shadow (considering nihil-nihilism is associated with death) then?
And by updating LS's Sea Zone, I mean you could revamp it so because as is, it expects you to do everything in a specific order and it's easy to get lost. Also it has a load of doors that you can't access.
Cibryll
Cibryll
UL - "Umbrageous Light".
It's... a surprise :p
Canon? Fanon? Not canon? Who knows.

Sea Zone has twelve accessible areas in UL, including Excalibur's shrine (no, you don't get Excalibur; it's already been taken by its rightful wielder).
Since Ilina can't swim (unlike Serenity, Shinica and Repose), a revamp is necessary anyway, so...

The first non-Maledict boss speaks incomprehensible gibberish.