Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

King (2.0)
King (2.0)
Ah community spirit, good to know. I wonder how the Serenity clones are doing these days.
Cibryll
Cibryll
Well, the Elemental Rebellion began on 18 December this year, so nobody can use elemental affinities.

So everyone's brought down to normal until 24 March 2020.

And some spontaneously get new affinities, AND Ilina going blinder than a Double Taint Valkyrie.

So, yeah. "Mother Valkyrie" will be amused, having made the Valkyrie race in -145 and all.

Two Serenity clones live - Tranquility and Repose...
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
I take it that we'll be seeing this "Mother Valkyrie" in Apocalyptic Shadow then? And will all weapons in A.S be replaced with elemental attacks?
Cibryll
Cibryll
No, MV doesn't appear. She's out of the league of even the strongest Serenthan goddess (Yurlunger, Goddess of Rainbows).
Weapons have no elemental affinities in AS - if I had RPG Maker then it'd be an RPG with elements and such, though.

Imagine, a party of five fighting a devastatingly evil boss. Meow-ha-ha-ha. Maybe even a New Game + + + + or something.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
Ah, so she'll be mentioned at least? Regarding the elements, you could just redesign the weapons to resemble them. After all, a lot of modding is basically using tricks to make it all presentable.
"A devastatingly evil boss." Ah, I just remembered him. Nega Green ParjamK. A friend told me of the requirements to unlock him, so I'll tell you if you want.
Cibryll
Cibryll
Even Kim Ethnarch doesn't know about Mother Valkyrie.

I'm sure I'll figure stuff out with elements and such.

And I was talking about True Qwertyuiop, a 13-phase boss that can kick Kefka out the window.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
And if she did, she probably try to kill her, yes? And True Qwertyuip? Nah, he's weak sauce compared to Nega Green ParjamK.
As in N.G.P.K is so powerful that he has a convoluted set of requirements to unlock him and even then, he's absolutely unfair. And that's still better than Nega Rainbow Bloom, who only 1% of players have ever encountered. Losing to her renders your save data unwinnable.
Cibryll
Cibryll
... I won't even ask.

The Red Hell (and thus Qwertyuiop) can't be entered until the Eminent Arena's boss is beaten, and then the player... has to die first, before reloading and thus being able to enter.

Reminds me of a Top Floor door with the heart and Life Capsule.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
So according to Bloom, you're locked out of Red Hell if you get the Oblivion Zone questions wrong, is that still true?
(Link: https://i.imgur.com/PAbu79I.png)
Cibryll
Cibryll
You're locked out of the Red Hell, yes, but ALSO out of the Oblivion Zone.
So quit the quiz or answer even one question incorrectly, and it's all over...

The answers? Well-hidden (all of them).
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
So let me get this straight: To access Red Hell, you have to die and reload the game after the final boss. But if you quit or get the quiz wrong, you can't access Red Hell. Uh, no offence, but I don't think that's good design. Surely, there's a New Game + option or something that makes it less frustrating, right?
Cibryll
Cibryll
Both are once-off. After those, just save and you don't have to do those again.

AS is already up to, like... 600 flags? Not sure about LS, but probably less...
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
The quizzes or the dungeons? Ehh, it's probably both though it's nice to know that the quizzes may have Save Points near them.
Cibryll
Cibryll
Save points are rare - lucky the quiz room has one.
And 15 questions ain't fun, as some of them... aren't even RELATED to the Lunar Shadow Project.

Skip flags 0001 to 0063 are only saved on a soft reset, I believe. Knowing that now helped a lot.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
So this mod will be more difficult than Lunar Shadow? I'm okay with that, considering Selenic Shadow's difficulty.
Maybe Save Points can also heal you this time?
Cibryll
Cibryll
Save points don't heal.
But then, the Save Disk item would be like a Dark Chip from the MMBN games, if there was a Max HP Jump thing (so you don't end up with -21 max HP or something).

There IS a Cursed Life Capsule (-3 MHP) though.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
It's funny though, for a future mod of mine, I've considered making Teleporters work like SMT3's terminals in that the player can warp to other places and save their game.
So is there any difference between a Life Capsule and it's cursed counterpart (you did say they'd be getting an ominous resprite)?
Cibryll
Cibryll
One adds max HP, the other removes from it.
And yes - because (spoiler) Qwertyuiop created Life Capsules. All of them. Hence, why Aidan Flamberge turned evil.

Valkyries and Titans are but two confirmed races to be immune to the corrupting effects that people never seem to notice...

Life Syringes are safe, though; full heal AND max HP increase? Yeah.

Some people are allergic to Life Capsules, too.
King (2.0)
King (2.0)
Perhaps I should have clarified: any visual differences between them? Also, Bloom mentioned that already (Link: https://i.imgur.com/l14OSwT.png) so I take it that she's helping you develop Apocalyptic Shadow?
Cibryll
Cibryll
All variations of Life Capsule have different images (look at LS, for instance).

And no; Bloom's knowledge was likely from the beta mod that Ginny was given earlier this year.