King (2.0)
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• So regarding Gun v1, I'm trying to get the War Machine scripted and it's been frustrating so far. It either shows up but does nothing or it's invisible and attacks (with the green missiles). I've been trying a lot with the script and hopefully I'll overcome this problem.
    All 4 levels and the Hub are functional. I just need to deal with the enemies (and then retest all levels) and then get War Machine done.
    Current Status: The first three levels are functional, so I'll just need to finish up Level 3 before moving onto Level 4.
    Current Status: Level 1 is fully done. Now I'm going to test out Level 2 so that it'll be up to snuff.
    Current Status: Level 1 is functional and the Drone enemies work as intended. I just need to finish scripting the level and then I can focus on Level 2.
    Current Status: Testing out Level 1 and tweaking things as I go along. I'll need to correct the End of Level Terminal so that it takes me to Level 2 and make it so the Life Capsules give HP rather than Missile ammo.
    Update: The Hub Teleporter now works. Now I move onto the next bit: Level 1. I just need to test the level design and get everything to work as intended.
    As it turns out, the teleporter is the hardest thing I'm doing for the Hub Area. Once that's done, things may get easier; if not, then I'll have to rise to the challenge.
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    I see you've accepted my offer; and so I gladly await your questions. Oh and I'll be sure to inform Bloom (aka IllinaFan01) and everyone else of this good news.
    Cibryll
    Cibryll
    Just know, it'll take a while.
    And I won't deluge you with them all at once.
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    Thank you, I'm so glad you're doing this. If you see Bloom and Shane, tell them I said hi.
    Update: Everything except the teleporter functions, though I'm currently working on it. If all goes well, I can go and get the other levels scripted (so a lot of new stuff to learn).
    Status: Still working on the Text Box, understanding it better now. If Lunar Shadow taught me anything, simple shading really does make all the difference. Thanks, @Kim Tyranto, your mod continues to inspire me!
    And while the EggRoom 0 glitch isn't intended, it did allow to me to see if any of my visual changes worked.
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    OK, so what should I do with it?
    Lazil
    Lazil
    I was just wondering if you were talking about that file when you were talking about learning the Text Box.
    textScr.cpp deals with TSC parsing and textbox stuff (I yoinked some code from it for my TSC parser)
    Status: Experimenting with the TextBox file, will continue working on it considering I've misunderstood the large health meters resulting in this: https://i.imgur.com/BntJhgW.png
    And yes, somehow I ended up in Outer Wall which upon death took me to back to EggRoom 0. Bizarre, I know.
    Let me clarify something: Gun v1 will have only 4 levels, the War Machine and the secret boss. The other bosses will be added In later updates.
    Mint
    Mint
    Did you get over the issue you had yet?
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    That's a doozy. The intro thing is still a problem. Due to script changes, I did solve the Hub issue so the intro room could be accessed but now I'm stuck. Every time I start the game, it warps me out and places me in Egg Room 00. Also redoing Gunnoid-0's spritesheet because ingame it's glitched.
    EDIT: A new gallery has been added to keep track of these glitches.
    Status: Two of the secret bosses have been done, though the third one is close to done. I'll also need to go back over the MyChar sprites and the War Machine sprites.
    Lazil
    Lazil
    nice!
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    Thank you. I've gotten all 3 secret bosses done, so now I'll need to go back over the MyChar/War Machine sprites and do other things.
    Current status: Still working on sprites, decided to put scripting aside until I've gotten everything else done.
    So yeah, while I'm figuring out how to script the basics (and use entities), I've decided to go back and start customizing more of the existing assets. Also I finally got around to designing the mod's main character (which should have been the first thing to do). So better later than never, I guess.
    Current plan: Play How 2 Mod Cave Story, because it's actually quite helpful. Also go back to designing things for Gun while scripting everything together (having trouble giving the player the Map and the Air Tank at the start because it causes the mod to not work for some reason).
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    @Mint You could try writing the guide, and I'd be sure to read it. As of now, I ought to get Pummelator's CS Mod guide finished.
    Pummelator
    Pummelator
    Don't do that it's old and bad. also this is the first time I've been on the site in two years so I have no idea what's happening anywhere on here.
    King (2.0)
    King (2.0)
    @Pummelator: Fair enough. Besides, I thought How 2 Mod Cave Story was far better anyway.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…