Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Cibryll
Cibryll
Yeah...
I take it you saw 'bout Apocalyptic Shadow? It's inspired by Apocalyptic Wind Tower, kinda. :)
A
AuroraDash
Yeah, I saw you talking about it. It sounds pretty cool! Will it be set in Serenth or will it be something new entirely? Or will I have to wait to find out? X3
Cibryll
Cibryll
The "Champion of Serenth" (canon gender, name, etc. is a mystery, but the player can pick the gender) must stop the apocalypse of Serenth before 18 December 2018 (starting eight days prior).
Once successful, that title is theirs; there's 30 floors in the tower and (thanks to my girlfriend Cibryll) a LOT of statues. There's also a Red Hell with a true final boss.
Cibryll
Cibryll
Right now, we've finished up to floor 19 of 30, and Sonia Routen finally debuts as an NPC here!
The towers (plural; ALL planets, suns, etc. in Serenth gets an Apocalyptic Tower; Newerth's is "Moon" and planet #86 (old name "Scyrim"; renamed in-universe) is "Shadow") remain after the apocalypse gets stopped in one of 'em.
Cibryll
Cibryll
All Apocalyptic Towers have 30 floors above ground...

There's no Apocalyptic Wind Tower in Serenth yet, though.

Plus the Apocalyptic Shadow Tower has a boss on floor 20 that, when defeated, unseals EVERYTHING sealed away. Including 15 new elements (so, Serenth has 40 as of 2019 and Ilina'sTaint won't activate as the required element was sealed away millenia before year 0).
Cibryll
Cibryll
From 18 December 2019 to 24 March 2020, elements can't be controlled; this is the "Elemental Rebellion" incident and after that, those who can't control any elements will get affinities to the unsealed elements...

Anyway. The mod's got like a lot of stuff, and a recurring boss (I think his name's French for "phantom").

More than that, time'll tell. :)