• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

2DBro
sometimes
ChampionDude345
ChampionDude345
Not good ones!
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Quality over quantity, that's our lesson today.
SeasonsOfDestiny
SeasonsOfDestiny
very much what coldcallerloopy said
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
quantity being how many mods are put out or the length of the mods

or BOTH?

or neither... :(

:chinfishthatwontappear: :chin:
SeasonsOfDestiny
SeasonsOfDestiny
one high-quality mod > several low-quality mods
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
one high quality short mod is what in comparison to several medium quality long mods?
metallicLurker
metallicLurker
A gem. Unfortunately.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
is a gem good?
SeasonsOfDestiny
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
You don't want to fall into obscurity, either go big (quality > quantity) or go home.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
everyone answer: would you rather have 3 mods that take 1-2 hours to beat that are pretty darn dandy good, or one mod that takes 5 minutes to beat but its like amazing and awesome and the best and its so good and you wish there was more and youre like wow best mod in the world best cave story game ever besides original this is one of the top
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
A mod that lasts 5 minutes and is amazing. Like always, quality > quantity. It's a lesson that must be constantly stressed and is something you shouldn't challenge, there's nothing inherently wrong with challenging it, but I personally wouldn't advise doing so. You'll find that mods that took 5 minutes to make (Exaggeration) over a single mod that took 5 hours to make can be vastly superior, especially with the right mindset put on it.
SeasonsOfDestiny
SeasonsOfDestiny
I would rather have the 3 good mods that take 1-2 hours to beat. I like substance to my mods, and the "amazing" 5 minute mod could have easily gone over 5 minutes if it was as amazing as the name implies.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
there are two sides :O

also which would you rather have: a 5 minute bad mod with tons of glitches and nothing makes sense and there is just random things everywhere and bosses look like weird squares
or a 30 minute not good mod where things are pretty bad but everything at least functions but the story makes no sense and everything looks weird and it's nearly impossible to tell where you or enemies are and the fact that it's nearly impossible is not intended