Noxid
Yeah
0.5.1.0 is pending some fixes
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
for some reason whenever i try to use it none of the maps load
it just keeps showing me the same "Boosters lab" thing

I did notice one thing though...
I can at least change the map properties so since cave editor is pretty good EXCEPT IT HATES ONE OF MY MAPS i used boosters lab to fix that background
everything else seems to not show up or anything.. the help thing is blank and so is the script area
Noxid
Noxid
Did you extract the files before trying to run it
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
yeah i did but AFTER I DID THE FOG THINGY WITH THE BACKGORUND I JUST EXITED OUT OPENED AGAIN AND IT WORKS AIOWOWOAJIOSDJADUIK THIS IS CRAZY!!!!

please tell me all the super cool stuff because i heard that sues workshop was cool but it's kind of glitchy and hard to use
cave editor is still cool and works but doesn't have a ton of a ton of features (it still has a lot)
i heard that boosters lab is like THIS IS SUPER COOL USE THIS FOR DOING EVERYTHING and now it finally works YAYAYAYAY
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
dang this is REALLY good!
and i thought cave editor was amazing with all the new features it had compared to sues workshop!

It makes things so much easier to edit because i can see the <GIT things (cave editor showed white boxes after items above 1005-ish for some reason) and the entities tab actually SHOWS the entities so that allows me to see if it looks like it should be placed there or not! (beds would always confused me.. the take up their tile, and part of a tile before and after it)

AMAZING !!!!!
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
sorry for all these comments but im so amazed
by the way what is the whole multisave in the hacks thing?
I'm kind of scared i'll mess everything up so I've made like 9 copies of everything i've done...

by using the multisave am i no longer able to use the undead core boss?
Noxid
Noxid
If you want to mess with the hacks i recommend backing up your exe file
They should mostly work but they are not guaranteed to be 100% compatible with each other
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
yeah i'm probably taking up a ton of storage i've made so many copies..
should i even bother with the multisave?
I normally just make different Profile.dat things (I changed it to SaveGame.dat for fun) so I guess that's my way of multisave
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
oh one more really stupid question.... i got to the entity thing and i've done some neat stuff with making the npctbl work with 2 different sets
but one question..

Prepare your face because you might just facepalm so hard your hand will go through your brain...
How do I add the entities?

like i see them on the left side but i dont know how to actually place and put them in
Noxid
Noxid
You press the i key, seasons mentioned it in his guide
Multi saves doesn't really add much so tbh you probably don't need it
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
Thanks! I checked out most of the hacks and stuff too
I'll probably use the basic ones like change weapon range and damage but I don't think I'm going to use the really fancy ones unless I make a whole new mod

like polar star shoots 50 polar stars that explode into more polar stars that go in accelerating speeds in random directions..

Still pretty amazing thing to use though. I absolutely LOVE the thing that shows when you loop over text... HELPS ME SO MUCH! Only editor that does that I think

Also I tried doing some npc map set 2 thing but now my skull steps have gaudi's for feet... WHAT?
Mint
Mint
Can we ever have a way to set adding entities to doubleclick again?
Noxid
Noxid
no
Mint
Mint
Do you mind my curious question of why not?
Noxid
Noxid
because it causes too many accidental inputs or confusion when so many things are bound to the same button (selecting, dragging, and panning all already use LMB)
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
so far it seems like your editor has everything else every other editor can do and a TON more

i only have 1 thing that I liked cave editor better for:
when i click on the tile set or the npcset it doesn't show me the little picture of what it looks like :(
i have to go and click somewhere else to see

everything else is 40x better though, i especially love the thing that shows if you type to much in the text