Noxid
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• hey just curious not sure if you know but in one of the jenka nightmares mods they had the night ghost things (the one that sneeze yarn snowball things on the outerwall) and they drew it to look more like a machine
    at one point they made it as a boss with a ton of health (like 400) but later they made it with the normal amount of health (i think 64) in another outerwall area, although it looked the same
    do you know how they did this? I know how to give it more or less health but I don't know how to get it to vary throughout the mod..
    is it a good idea to put a demo of my mod on here?
    also if so what website should i use to put it on?
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    um thanks i guess?
    opinions from others still help..
    Noxid
    Noxid
    my advice is to avoid submitting unless you think there's something worthwhile to gain by having people give feedback on it. If you made a mod just for testing and you learned everything you can from it that's great but it probably won't help much to have other people play it.
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    yeah i'm just curious to see if other people would enjoy it, i 'm not sure how many mods are out there

Plus, my mod seems to actually be one of the few finished ones out there even if it's only decent/meh
    Some of the unfinished ones are actually super good, and it makes me sad when they end
    is boosters lab V.0.5.0.0 your latest one?
    you made it right?
    that's pretty neat though
    Mint
    Mint
    I was more or less talking about the possibility to toggle between them in some configuration, not to be forced to use one of the two.
    Noxid
    Noxid
    it's for your own good
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    noxid i tried making a boss from a gaudi egg but when i kill it the boss bar still has a tiny amount of health left
    do you know why this is?
    i used that npc.tbl editor thing and gave it 1000 health so..
    not sure if that was the issue
    i just wanted some sort of mini boss thing
    giving BL the ability to make maps with arbitrary numbers of layers because why not
    tlo
    tlo
    that sounds cool
    Noxid
    Noxid
    well it could already do 4 layers with a certain config switch but I decided now that isnt enough for me and if I have to go over it and make it work for 5 I might as well make it work for 500
    GunbladeMaster34
    GunbladeMaster34
    Interesting
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    noxid do you know any good mods people have made
    i already tried a lot of them
    my favorite ones were the
    jenkas nightmare finished
    wrath of reovseronsoikedla
    and the kings story one (i think you made that one)

do you know any other ones?
    i like the first two because they were finished and i liked yours because it was unique because i hadn't seen anything with the text box before
    thanks
    2DBro
    2DBro
    if you haven't played blargo you haven't lived
    Noxid
    Noxid
    rave story is pretty cool. and you should try some of the entries from last year's modding contest because they were quite good.

maybe also like, The Show is a kind of underrated one, dunno if you can still get it. and WTF story if you haven't played it but get the easy mode.
    ok listne here you little cunt. i made a post usinga SLIGHTLY bigger font size for one word and you leave an obnoxious sentence on my profile using a huge font acting like im the antichrist. very funny you fucking cunt. i remmember this shit. i havent forgotten over the past 5 years. i didnt do anything worng but OOOOHHHH NO I CANT USE A FONT THATS 1 SIZ E too big. so ol noxid over here has to be a dick about it. fuck you you dipchit motherfucker piss of shit. your websoite may be veRY funny but that post you made on my profile 5 years ago confirms ur a big ol friggin dunderfuck. like who fucking cares that i used a font size that was a bit bigger? you really gotta leave such a snarky fucking comment? huh? well its tormented me for 5 years and im finally getting it off my chest. i was a kid when i made htat post?? how u gonna be rude to a preteen? just say "please dont use a big font, thansk!!!" u dont gotta say "IM A STUPID FUCKING BINDLETON AND IM GONNA BE SARCASTIC BWA BWA BWA IM A FUCKING BABY WHO CANT HANDLE BIG FONT". u made me hate this friggin game. good job gungis/, you REALLY showed me 5 yeras ago. fugg
    Noxid
    Noxid
    that doesn't mean there wasn't a genuine sentiment behind it
    Hiino
    Hiino
    "it was a joke" is also what you usually say when your bad comments are met with retaliation just sayin
    Have you thought of getting RPG Maker Fes? I was thinking about getting it so I can learn more about programming a game more.
    Noxid
    Noxid
    I personally mostly work either in custom engines or unity, but RPGMaker doesn't seem too bad but maybe a bit limiting. it is, obviously, geared towards jrpg-type games so if that isn't what you are after maybe something like gamemaker would suit you better. Maybe ask someone who's used it before what their opinions are though.
    GunbladeMaster34
    GunbladeMaster34
    Got it. Thanks for the input.
    Yo why'd you remove the orgkutsu manual version from your open source hack thread thingy?
    Noxid
    Noxid
    I lost the original file in the dropbox fiasco and I had to put it back together with whatever I could find
    Jade
    Jade
    Ok so it's basically gone now, got it.
    What's wrong sweetheart? Anything I can do to cheer you up and make you forget your grumpiness?
    I should warn you though, this is not sarcasm, just in case.
    time to make allll the boostlab configurations project-local
    Noxid
    Noxid
    every day I bear the sins of my former self
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    Just hang in there, we believe in ya.
    gamemanj
    gamemanj
    good luck, and may the *moustache* be with you.
    Here lies the god of Cave Story modding. Noxxy!!!
    Noxid
    Noxid
    God is real, and he's kind of an asshole
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…