Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

FortniteLover2
FortniteLover2
Yes, many users may stop using the forums, but the newer users will probably slowly begin to take their place in the community. As more people are discovering Cave Story, whether that be on PC, 3DS, or even the Switch, more users slowly begin to populate here. This community probably won't die any time soon. Yes, there will be the occasional long span of inactivity, but eventually everything will be running as usual. At least, that's my take on it. Although, this place does seem to get slower by the minute...
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
I feel sad. This game, this place, it's has provided enjoyment for so many people, for so long, and it's all going to fade into oblivion, just like everything else... it makes me feel cold.
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
I must agree with TheCyberSleuth. The number of members that were around when I joined and are still around today is something that I can count on one hand. People leave, people join, it's a thing that happens.
Jenk
Jenk
as lonng as pixel keeps making games and makes cave story 2 lol
Yinga
Yinga
A lot of it could also fall into the reasons why the user leaves or becomes inactive in the first place. If a user is genuinely dissatisfied with the community and leaves for that reason, it's safe to assume they won't return, for the most part. I barely check this place anymore because I just don't have time for it, but I don't have any reason to deter me from *wanting* to check the forum, and I assume the same can be said for some other members.
Tpcool
Tpcool
This forum is kind of a marvel if you really think about it. A game like Cave Story, being as old as it is, should not really be attracting new members to this forum as frequently as it still is. Every year we seem to get at least 2 or 3 members who frequent for a while, replacing the few who decide to stop frequenting. I guess you could argue that it still gets attention because Nicalis keeps re-releasing it, but the amount of new people who come here and stay still baffles me (in a good way, obviously).

I can really only see this community dying via the forum being shut down because of lack of funds or interest.