Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Xemous
Xemous
especially since god emperor trump is our president

everything's gonna be better than fine
Serri
Serri
You really like making things worse for us, do you, Xemous?
Xemous
Xemous
what ever do you mean
Serri
Serri
Just... don't rub something that's already in our faces. We don't need a reminder about your god emperor.
Xemous
Xemous
okay ill do it later

we won't stop winning
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
Seriously guys, 2016 wasn't that bad. Famous people dying happens every year, people disagreeing with your opinions happens all the time on the internet, politics also happens all the time, and if the US isn't suffering from major weather events then it settles for mass shootings. All of this seems like a dumb reason to hate on a specific year given that it happens every year.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
For me, 2016 was just an exhausting year growing up in arguably the worst election, more outcries about celebrities dying then ever, and just a lot of personally un-necessary news if you've seen the article on fake news. A lot of my parent's "parenting" has been possibly false because of fake news......
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
It just seems like everyone bashing 2016 are actively looking for reasons to make it seem more bad than it was, reasons that were no less there and disregarded any other year because it wasn't 2016. I expect that the only thing notably bad was the divisive political landscape and it just became cool to bag 2016 after that.

I mean in 2015 the original Spock died (in fact a few people from star trek died that year), Satoru Iwata (Nintendo president) died, the co-creator of the Simpsons died, Terry Pratchett (Discworld author) died, John Nash (remember "a beautiful mind", that movie was about him) died (along with his wife), yet people didn't complain about 2015 being bad. I look at the list of people who died in 2016 and I only see 5 or 6 people so far that don't make me ask "who?".