Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
After doing a few test runs I can confirm that Org Maker is quite a bit offkey. I don't think it's my computer, I believe it's orgmaker itself but why
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
OrgView, same problem, sometimes even worse.
And recording from Cave Story directly is a big nono since sound effects + getting the music you want to play might be tough depending on song. PLUS I'm lazy.

This way I'll never get my perfect recording
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
Which version of Orgmaker?
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
The gaps between notes fluctuate by about a bit more than a hundreth of a second (in my most recent test recording at 44.1kHz, the gaps (in samples) ranged from 16643 to 17189, so a max. difference of 546 samples, or about an 80th of a second. It sounds ridiculous, but the issue is there
Serri
Serri
It sounds the same to me throughout the whole song.
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
@andwhyisit
I tried Org Maker 1.3.4, 2.1.0, and Org View
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
Access has always sounded moderately off key. Have you not bothered to check if this behaviour is present in the original game? Apart from the hardcoded drums issue I was reassured by Noxid that the playback engine for CS, Orgview, and OrgMaker 1.3.4 are exactly the same.
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
No I haven't yet, will do now and check back in a minute.
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
Alright, checked, and surprisingly in the original game Access sounds perfectly fine to me.
And again, I can't record from the game since lazy and managing that would be a pain. (Plus Wind Fortress and Halloween 2 not being present in the game)

And I'm not even gonna start with fanmade players since those aren't trustworthy in the slightest
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
Mind recording that as well so that I can run a comparison of the two?
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
well, I guess, might take a few minutes tho
So to record I had to run CS in windowed mode and now it sounded like in OM / OV, except the difference of the gaps is so big that you can clearly see it without zooming in. WTF.
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
http://imgur.com/QpsKHsf Screenshot of the recorded wave. Note how I didn't even zoom in very far
Then recorded CS in fullscreen, but yeah, same result.
I really don't get this. Sometimes it's fine, and sometimes the differences are extreme
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
Then I ran CS without recording, at first the song was fine but then there were some major skips. I checked my sound card settings (well, there barely were any) and I also ran some other checks, I'm absolutely sure it's not my soundcard. This is so bizarre to me
OmegaFoxie
OmegaFoxie
I really need to calm down and take a deep breath.
Things like this infuriate me way more than they should.