Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Gotta love me some "Same profile posts but different"
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    Ah, been browsing CSTSF?
    X-Calibar
    X-Calibar
    This could be a guess the reference forum game, but it's good because the name. "Hey everybody! Want to play "Gotta love me some??""
    Heyo I am working on a re texturing project/ fan remastering for CaveStory while using the same quality Sprites, but using the color palette to its max potential. The Favor I came here to ask about is if it is possible... Can you hack Cavestorys background for more variants that will allow me to create a more diverse background similar to Cavestory 3D? But Instead this time it is a full piece of pixel art that sticks to the level ? If not, a non moving singular background per level could work too.
    BLink
    BLink
    well you're going to run into some big problems along the way: first of all the game doesn't like images bigger than 256X256 for tilesets and 320X240 for most other images except for 2, bullet.bmp that can go infinitely downwards, and caret.bmp that can go infinitely sideways, so a huge canvas for an entire map bigger than the screen size is not possible with conventional methods

Technically Clownacy made a .dll loader that accepts infinite resolutions where it's all post process to double/triple/quadruple the image size after the game decides what it's doing with it.

if or not this can be hijacked for a lower resolution but more sprite area though, I don't actually know. After all this game was made in 2005 and the graphics processing ability isn't exactly stellar or made to handle anything more than fairly small bitmap files.

Clownacy and Thomas Xin can give more insight on this issue than I can, but with what knowledge I can loan you I'd say it's highly unlikely that you would find a practical workaround other than just having the plain old 2/3/4Xres increase in clownacy's .dll pack.
    The Arnozi
    The Arnozi
    Oh boy XD
    Finished replaying Sonic 06 after several years of thinking it was bad but now I have seen the light. If you think the early modern era is bad compared to the rest of the series FIGHT ME
    GunbladeMaster34
    GunbladeMaster34
    There was Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric before it got patched. Now THAT was worse than Sonic '06!
    rixis19
    rixis19
    My brother gave it to me without saying it was bad, so I went in knowing nothing about this game. I mean, from a oblivious standpoint, its good but with a decent amount of flaws. From a holistic standpoint, its pretty bad, there are probably worst games in and out of the Sonic series, I never played Boom, and never ET but if it was bad enough for people to buy copies just to throw them in landfills en masse, its probably really bad. Sonic '06 is compared to ET and other terrible games often, and if you acknowledge the story issues (Sonic kissing a human, something about this is discomforting), and game breaking glitches, I'd say collectively and holistically it is bad. The original 3D Sonic games, (Adventure 1 and 2) are much better in comparison, they're not as modern but by far beat out '06. Even Heroes has stronger points against it. In some aspects I'd say maybe Shadow the Hedgehog is worse, but holistically not as bad as '06. I haven't played a lot of the newer Sonic games (besides Generations), and I don't know about the new ones coming out in the next year or so. But I think it might be much to say the rest of series pales in comparison. By the way I don't mean to shut you down whatsoever Blink, I'm just saying it's not all that great, in its own right and without knowledge of other better Sonic titles, (which was me a decade ago when I played this,) it might seem pretty decent.
    rixis19
    rixis19
    God that was longer than I originally thought, sorry
    What are you doing man? Aren't you supposed to work on assembly stuff?
    And don't tell me you're busy because I know that you're not, you're right there talking to me.
    BLink
    BLink
    I'm trying to talk to you and TXin at the same time, go to bed you drunk motherfucker.
    S. P. Gardebiter
    S. P. Gardebiter
    You're just trying distract me from the fact that you're being lazy aren't you?
    So when is Modcon going to happen this year? It is the 1st of june today...
    Mint
    Mint
    the problem with modcons is that people have to be ready to join, meaning they should have the time, ideas/inspiration, resources and most importantly; motivation.
    Unless someone is addicted to modding i doubt they would join 3 modcons in a year.
    Serri
    Serri
    Does Zxin's modcon even count, though?
    BLink
    BLink
    Myself and Dunc and TP and Safu and Enlight and DT have been talking things over, Modcon is going to start soon hopefully.
    Because of the great lack of content; I might postpone the release of DoR3's "alpha". There just seems to be too much missing content, and holes; even in the first 40 minutes of gameplay to just hand out an open alpha to play
    Let's see if we can't get a beta of DoR3 released on May 29th to commemorate the 3 year anniversary of DoR2's initial launch date.
    i can use facepics from Sue Story?
    i give a credit
    BLink
    BLink
    Anyone is allowed to use any of my CS related mod content for any reason.
    Happy birthday, BLink!
    FDeityLink
    FDeityLink
    hippie birthday!
    Thomas Xin
    Thomas Xin
    Wait it was your birthday yesterday? I was wondering why your age went up to 19!
    Happy birthday!
    Also when did you change your name, and how?
    BLink
    BLink
    Thanks everyone for the B-day wishes! @Xin, Andy changed it for me because I asked, and it was a week ago now I think.
    I just want to make it very clear that Judith is mine and that nobody else may have her.
    Mint
    Mint
    You really want it to be canon don't you.
    BLink
    BLink
    nooo....welll.....yeah....ok
    Hello, I recently purchased your game off Gamereproductions, and I love it. But it feels like it might be broken.
    http://www.gamereproductions.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=360

In level two you can't move the blocks, I worry that this is where the bow is and the game can't be completed. I've had a talk with the site that sold me the game and he said their is something you need to do but he didn't get back to me.

If it isn't to much trouble do you think you could tell me where the bow is or confirm that the game has glitches. It really sucks for those of us that bought the game for forty bucks, waited a month to get and found that it's unplayable.
    gamemanj
    gamemanj
    wow, I'm tempted to make an NES game and "leak" it to them just because it sounds like a viable way to get carts manufactured (EDIT: Wait half a sec $35.00 HAHAHA YEAH LIKE RIGHT. So much for my evil plan to buy cartridges off of them and re-sell. Additional note: I do not own an NES.
    Additional Additional note: even if this "reselling" plan were vaguely viable, I'd doubt they actually test it on real hardware, shipping would make the plan economically unviable, and then there's the matter of if that is actually a cartridge selling site and not just ROM selling. Suffice to say I am terrible at evil plans.)
    Well That was a terrible Idea to format my data hard drive
    Goerge Bobicles
    Goerge Bobicles
    I hate it when that happens
    GIRakaCHEEZER
    GIRakaCHEEZER
    Did you not know what "formating a hard drive" does to the drive?
    BLink
    BLink
    I unplugged the wrong sata cable
    I have a question
    you working on Sue story?
    Quote2000
    Quote2000
    Cancelled??? but why?
    too many mods are cancelled
    King Story, WTF Story, Misery Story and another mods
    and i'am have another question you working on another mod?
    BLink
    BLink
    Was, then life happened.
    BLink
    BLink
    And then my hard drive got accidentally formatted.
    I just beat the final boss of the Genocide run in Undertale... I was expecting to rejoice from the fruits of my 4 hour labor to make it; but I instead cried when I won....
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    Well Genocide run was never rainbows and sunshine to begin with, but I agree with your feelings about this.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…